The online racing simulator
M3U playlist support
(13 posts, started )

Poll : M3U playlist support

Hell yeah
Nah, i'd rather convert my music
M3U playlist support
Hi all,

I was just browsing through a thread about mp3/ogg, and I just thought of a feature that I was missing. M3U playlist support. If I have to copy ALL my music to ogg, or just convert & delete the original files, it takes a lot of time. I think M3U playlist support would be a feature because you don't have to use seperate music files.

#2 - Jakg
nice idea, but im still not keen in music whil racing!
You would still have to convert your music. m3u is just a list of mp3s/oggs/whatevers to be played.
Is it really a problem to just run Winamp(or your player of choice) in the background?
#5 - KBDE
Indeed, i always use winamp in background... with hotkeys enabled you can also skip a song etc.
Also, i think you have to pay royalties to use a mp3 decoder, waste of money imho.
#6 - avih
Personally I prefere the engine and race sounds only, but what's wrong with launching your favorite media player?
#7 - richy
hell yeah!

chavness for the win
As sweetreid says, m3u's are only a list, so this is a little irrelevant.
Yes and no, I'd like to see playlist support simply for easier management. Instead of having the same songs in MP3 as well as OGG on the 'puter, essentially wasting space and keeping them all in one directory, it might be easier to have playlists that refer to existing directory structures where you store your music, ja?

But of course it does nothing to overcome any conversion issues some might have.
Quote from Ayrton :Is it really a problem to just run Winamp(or your player of choice) in the background?

Yes it is, for people whit a comnputer that runs lfs allready on performance limit, an extra program running can slow down the game (like happens to me) each less mb of memory and mhz of processor makes the diference in slow computers like mine.
Quote from Slidaaaa :Yes it is, for people whit a comnputer that runs lfs allready on performance limit, an extra program running can slow down the game (like happens to me) each less mb of memory and mhz of processor makes the diference in slow computers like mine.

Winamp lives in about 5 mb of ram, so that shouldn't be to much of a problem. Decoding mp3's takes extra clock cycles in winamp or lfs, there's no free lunch.
#12 - Jakg
and if you need ever need that extra 5 mb, try XMPlay, its even more spatan!
Im not too bothered about this to be honest, i just use mediamonley for my player and i have the play/pause/skip etc controls on my keyboard.

All the same though, it would be nice to have for those that want it

M3U playlist support
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG