Direct Exhaust Injection
(64 posts, started )
Direct Exhaust Injection
-
(JackDaMaster) DELETED by JackDaMaster
Epic trolling
#3 - hp999
Awesome idea

Does he not realise that if this was such an amazing idea all engines would do this? Man was not meant to dabble with such power. If that engine was ever put in a car it could reverse the earth's spin.
Engines do that already, just not to that great of an extent, lol
Lol wow....

What that guy's thinking of doing is called EGR (exhaust gas recirculation), and it already exists on many cars, of course they take a fraction of the exhaust gas and feed it back into the intake, not all of it. Besides, the engine would stall anyway if you only feed it exhaust gases, there's not enough oxygen to maintain combustion.
Thanks for pointing that out
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Besides, the engine would stall anyway if you only feed it exhaust gases, there's not enough oxygen to maintain combustion.

I believe this is deemed common sense to anyone above the 6th grade- perhaps lower.
I think it would work better if you crossed pipes. You could even add turbos then and turbocharge the turbos.
I wonder nobody suggested to improve this ingenious design with a supercharger or something, I'm sure EU would love such an ultraecological engine.

BTW, anybody else thinks that noone can't possibly be this kind of retarded? Just the idea of someone like him having a driving license is a little worrying.
LOL.

HAHA...
WHAT...
what..
this would never happen, where would all the pressure go from the exhaust? at some point the engine would have so much pressure that yo could turn it in to a lot of parts worth nothing.

Can't tell if trolling or just insanely retarded.
Sounds a bit like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure_wave_supercharger

In F1, Ferrari trialled an system where the pressure waves are used to compress the intake charge (or air actually, with injection later in the process I think). I know that's not exactly what was described, but the intention of the poster was to get rid of an inefficient turbo assembly and use the pressure of the exhaust directly - which is sort of what this does. Ferrari weren't the first I must add, and it has been used on several production vehicles.

Oh, and some people here (and on that thread) have had a sense of humour failure and/or don't know what they're ridiculing. Stupid people shouldn't poke fun at stupid people (or bricks and glass houses).
That "direct exhaust injection" is as close to the ferrari pressure wave supercharger as is to say that connecting a pipe from mouth to nose is the same as the technology that is used on space stations to clean the air from co2.

Or to say that human centipede is essentially the same thing as the system astronauts use to reuse their piss for drinking water.

It is useful skill to see the benefits in strange looking systems and think outside the box but it is a whole different thing to say that two things have some resemblance when all of it is purely accidental and so overdone that the actual proof of concept can not even work in that situation.
Quote from Hyperactive :Or to say that human centipede is essentially the same thing as the system astronauts use to reuse their piss for drinking water.

heh best analogy ever
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Lol wow....

What that guy's thinking of doing is called EGR (exhaust gas recirculation), and it already exists on many cars, of course they take a fraction of the exhaust gas and feed it back into the intake, not all of it. Besides, the engine would stall anyway if you only feed it exhaust gases, there's not enough oxygen to maintain combustion.

EGR is quite possibly one of the worst devices fitted to an automobile in the last decade.
Because it's obviously not based on extensive reports that state the benefits of EGR. Engineers are ****ing stupid.
All EGRs do is get gunged up. I've had no problem with mine because it's controlled by software and I had it mapped out, so it's in effect not being used, I will remove it at some point. when it got mapped out it was quite messy. thankfully it's cleared itself up now since it's been removed from the combustion cycle as i said.

7/10 times if your car has poor power, bad throttle response, poor fuel economy, especially if it's a diesel, it'll be because of the EGR. EGRs are like dual mass flywheels. in principle, an excellent idea. in practise, crap.
Let's not even get into an area you can't swim in, a dual mass flywheel might practically have some problems but they are often necessary. So yeah, let's stay out of a discussion about frequency spectrums and Fourier analysis.

The EGR also practically poses some problems, but has generally been accepted to solve more problems than it causes. I'm sure the manufacturers intend services to handle any issues in that regard, the thing is that they have loads of emission standards and crap to keep up with.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :All EGRs do is get gunged up. I've had no problem with mine because it's controlled by software and I had it mapped out, so it's in effect not being used, I will remove it at some point. when it got mapped out it was quite messy. thankfully it's cleared itself up now since it's been removed from the combustion cycle as i said.

7/10 times if your car has poor power, bad throttle response, poor fuel economy, especially if it's a diesel, it'll be because of the EGR. EGRs are like dual mass flywheels. in principle, an excellent idea. in practise, crap.

Oh no. Blueflame Syndrome (opinion without brain or knowledge) is spreading...
Quote from S14 DRIFT :All EGRs do is get gunged up. I've had no problem with mine because it's controlled by software and I had it mapped out, so it's in effect not being used, I will remove it at some point. when it got mapped out it was quite messy. thankfully it's cleared itself up now since it's been removed from the combustion cycle as i said.

I can't even be bothered to start on this.... you've obviously studied combustion
Quote from tristancliffe :Oh no. Blueflame Syndrome (opinion without brain or knowledge) is spreading...

Be fair Jamie has been giving his engineering insights for much longer than Blueflame!
Troll science lulz to bashing someones intelligence of motor vehicles.. Only on LFS forums.

Everyone forgot the fact that we could be harnessing infinite power.
Had a great time reading the comments in that thread lol
I have no knowlege about this thing (an engine), but even I would understand that the idea itself is doomed from the start.
Ocygen would be the main problem.

Direct Exhaust Injection
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG