The online racing simulator
New GT Class Cars
(28 posts, started )
New GT Class Cars
The FXR, XRR and the FZR are nice GT style cars and I can see what they are meant to resemble in the real world. This is how I think of them:

FXR: Audi R8 LMS / Honda NSX (Super GT) / Ford or Holden V8 Supercar
XRR: Corvette Z06/ZR1 GT1 / Dodge Viper GTS-R
FZR: Porsche Carrera Cup/ Nissan GT-R (Super GT) / Aston Martin DB9RS

There probably more cars with the same looks and performance around the world so why doesn't LFS have more of these cars. As I said, the FXR. XRR and FZR are still good cars to drive, but eventually after a while, they get a bit boring. So, can the devs make more GT class cars??

Even if its just 1 car, it's still better than nothing.
In order to attract the attention of these firms, we need a new physics. And then will be new deals in licensed cars. Because firms profitable to advertise their cars anywhere. But Scawen can't choose for you a car, they offer their list of cars.
I think this is so.
I don't really see the point in having more cars that fill up the same class. We already have 3 with different handling characteristics. The chances are any other car added to the GTR class wouldn't feel different enough to those to make it worth the effort.

I'd much rather see new cars fill in any gaps. I know some people go mental for LMP-class cars, but I'm not too interested in them. Something WRC-spec would be pretty cool, or a rival for the UF1.
Yeah true, I understand a new physics system would be needed for a new car, but i'm talking about just making another generic car for the class, that way, they wont need licences, it will only be taking ideas from cars in the real world and compiling them together, as I said in my first post.

I'm not worried about the handling of the cars, I think there needs to be something new, something that has a V8 engine, RWD, sequential gearbox and no turbo, just as an idea.

One or two more cars to fill each category would be nice, and a LMP car would be great as well.
We don't have any 400 BHP cars, that area is quite vacant, the M3, 360 Modena territory.
Also we don't have a mid engined car in GTR class, so an RAC GTR will be unique. I would really love to have something that resembles a 430 Scuderia
Quote from rageshgr : Also we don't have a mid engined car in GTR class, so an RAC GTR will be unique. I would really love to have something that resembles a 430 Scuderia

Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. Just adding another generic GT car to the class. Most major championships around the world have more than three types of car, so it would be nice to add a fourth.
There is no doubt that more generic cars will give more diversity on the track and more fun behind the wheel.

I am all for more cars in the game. We really really need more cars. WRC class cars for the autocross tracks is missing bigstyle! Also LMP class cars . Theres a nice field of open wheels cars to take to the tracks, don´t think we need more cars in this class. But it would be cool to add another car to the small GTR class to compete with, and one or 2 more cars for the big GTR class. A RB4 GTR with RWD and a NA V8 would be lovely, also a RAC GTR center engine would be extremly cool.

We need some more GT class cars, at least 2 more (besides the long awaited Scirocco) as this class would typically be a BTCC class (touring cars) where you often see alot of different cars. We also need to be able to mount slics on all cars, as no racing classes in the world use street tyres for track racing, except some few historic classes..

LMP / Supercar class would also be fun, 800bhp LMP cars or supercars..

2 or 3 WRC class cars with 4x4 would be great, should be hatch cars like the VW Golf or similar. Could make a RB4 WRC version too. Nothing wrong with having the same car basis for 3 layouts (like the XR/XF) (GT, GTR, WRC). WRC cars should be like the real deal, 4wd and 300bhp.

WRC cars could also open up for some nice dirt sprint tracks wich this game really needs bad. The game physics are the best in the world no doubt about that, and exploring fast paced rally racing should be implemented as the physics would be brilliant for this!

I have said it previously and dont mind repeating If LFS want to keep beeing interesting for the players to use, Scawen and Co really need to throw us some new cars once in a while. At least once a year...!
I agree with everything you said. The new car once a year seems like s a good suggestion for the devs. And the RB4 GTR car that was linked before could be another great addition to the field, and the RAC GT car would be cool as well.

What I'm mainly trying to say is we need another GT car to spice up the field.
It would be cool with more cars, but I think we need new tracks even more.
ROFL! Also add
1. Reliant Robin
2. Peel P50
I'd love to see official cars similar to Airio's GT3 and GT2 class.
Quote from Skagen :I'd love to see official cars similar to Airio's GT3 and GT2 class.

What Airio's GT2 and GT3 cars??
Quote from Luttsy :something that has a V8 engine, RWD, sequential gearbox and no turbo, just as an idea.

Whats the point of having a amazingly powerful V8 engine if you limit it to sequential? Takes all the fun out of the car. We need more non sequential box GTR cars. The only cars that aren't sequential are UFR and the FZR. (XFR/FXR/XRR) are sequential, If anything, We need more hbox cars. (since running FZR with the games sequential is good enough, I like the fact that it's H-pattern/gatedshifter.

If you have it, Drive the FZ50 with the G27's shifter, then drive it with the paddles, You may be faster with paddles, But shifting is so much more fun.
Quote from TehPaws3D :Whats the point of having a amazingly powerful V8 engine if you limit it to sequential? Takes all the fun out of the car. We need more non sequential box GTR cars. The only cars that aren't sequential are UFR and the FZR. (XFR/FXR/XRR) are sequential, If anything, We need more hbox cars. (since running FZR with the games sequential is good enough, I like the fact that it's H-pattern/gatedshifter.

If you have it, Drive the FZ50 with the G27's shifter, then drive it with the paddles, You may be faster with paddles, But shifting is so much more fun.

Most modern GT cars these days have sequential gearboxes. I don't find anything wrong with the hbox, it's just that nearly very GT has a sequential gearbox.
ALL of the serious racing cars has sequential gearbox. UFR and FZR are very silly cars, especially FZR for having that H-shifer in GT car.

But all of this discussion is pointless if we still have this agricultural tire physics...
Quote from TypeRacing :ALL of the serious racing cars has sequential gearbox. UFR and FZR are very silly cars, especially FZR for having that H-shifer in GT car.

But all of this discussion is pointless if we still have this agricultural tire physics...

I'm guessing by your user name you compete in a lot of leagues and stuff, so adding another car might make the big racing leagues more exciting.

The FZR isn't really a good car with that Hbox. And I don't know what it is with the tyre physics, but everytime I exit corner with the FZR, when I gently put the power down, the rear end steps out. Surely, it's not like that in the real world?
Quote from Luttsy :I'm guessing by your user name you compete in a lot of leagues and stuff, so adding another car might make the big racing leagues more exciting.

The FZR isn't really a good car with that Hbox. And I don't know what it is with the tyre physics, but everytime I exit corner with the FZR, when I gently put the power down, the rear end steps out. Surely, it's not like that in the real world?

Ofcourse new cars in LFS would be accepted by any racer. But I don't think devs should waste time on them. Either Scirocco. Tire physics is probably biggest step to realististic racing simulator. If LFS manages to reach that title somehow, then people would buy it. Not becose it has shitload of fictional cars and stuff.

If talking about FZR, then drivers most of the time flatshifts it, which is really unrealistic. At the moment LFS can simulate only transmission with syncronisators, which is known and used on most of street cars. LFS would be perfect, if it could simulate transmission which has dogbox(unsyncronised gearshifts) which is more realistic for racing cars.
Quote from TypeRacing :Ofcourse new cars in LFS would be accepted by any racer. But I don't think devs should waste time on them. Either Scirocco. Tire physics is probably biggest step to realististic racing simulator. If LFS manages to reach that title somehow, then people would buy it. Not becose it has shitload of fictional cars and stuff.

If talking about FZR, then drivers most of the time flatshifts it, which is really unrealistic. At the moment LFS can simulate only transmission with syncronisators, which is known and used on most of street cars. LFS would be perfect, if it could simulate transmission which has dogbox(unsyncronised gearshifts) which is more realistic for racing cars.

The Tyre physics isn't the best and I think that's what lets the sim down.

With a new car without a hbox, they're wont be any flatshifting, even then, they could change the FZR to a Sequential gearbox
Quote from Skagen :I'd love to see official cars similar to Airio's GT3 and GT2 class.

Or better yet, make the current GTR class the GT2 class, as the specs are much more closer to last years GT2 class cars and make a new GT1 class with ~600BHP.
And ofc, LMP-class cars and a nice long, with insanely long straights track to resemble the Circuit de la Sarthe.

New GT Class Cars
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG