The online racing simulator
2012 Dutch LFS Meeting! (Updated)
Dear European LFS Drivers,

Team Rock Racing will organize a Dutch/European LFS Meeting in June 2012!

What we are going to do, is to meet up on a Saturday morning, on the indoor karting venue of Indoor Karting de Vest, Valkenswaard!

To showoff a previous -TRR- event there (a team meeting):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DU9DWKp3to

2012 Dutch LFS Meeting!

It's an indoor hire-kart event, with an epic track with different floor levels, and one sort of jump!

We will have open practise on own costs for anyone that wants to learn the track!

Then we will create teams with the drivers that are there! Think about teams of 2 to 3 people!

Every team gets 1 attempt to set a hotlap during a 15 minute qualification.

Teams will drive through each other, so stay focussed and pick your ideal spot on track.

Than, the race should follow after a 30 min, coffee and puffin´ break.

The race will last about 1 hour (I still need to re-call the venue to make a strict deal, but we will be there.)

Than, the top 3 teams, should receive a nice award, and we should move on, to have a diner somewhere.

Than we will head on to De Bellevue in Budel, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands. To have a nice night at the bar, and later sleep in the sleeping room there, which I have arranged!

To wake up at Sunday morning, at De Bellevue, to have a LFS time-trial event and a LFS Demo.

There will be a Playseat standing there with an epic wheel by Fanatec!

We will drive a very nice combo, which is yet a secret!

For this event, I´m going to arrange some sponsors, to give away nice awards.

Sponsors that already confirmed there attendance to the event are:

CvE Designs
De Bellevue
Spire Europe
BAWLS Energy Drink Netherlands
Bridgestone Netherlands

Possible sponsors:
Fanatec
CM Storm / Cooler Master

More info following when we arrive some sign-ups.

Be sure of the fact, that you'll have to pay for a package deal at the Karting de Vest of around 50€, drinks and food and further costs will be on personal costs by everyone. The sleeping in De Bellevue is free to anyone, and there can be drank alcohol and used wireless internet all night/day long!

Kind Regards,
Walter Lemmens
-
(rockclan) DELETED by rockclan
List of Attendees:
Rockclan / Walter Lemmens
Maarten_E93 / Maarten
Paul
Hoitjes / Christel van Essen

Possible attendees:
Ton Arends / Peterbilt
#3 - Ezpz
Was going there 2 weeks ago but got cancelled, and it's way too expensive to pay myself lol.
as far as i recall berghem is an outdoor track. do you really want to go there at that time?
Quote from Biohazard :as far as i recall berghem is an outdoor track. do you really want to go there at that time?

Actually, yes. D:
-
we need more time then this... folks have jobs & bills and such...
Well we could also do the exact same thing, but than in spring 2012?

Anyone up for that? It could be a big success!
180 seems a little steep to me...
Quote from rockclan :

Costs will be spread fairly, and I only will earn a fair amount of money for the hard work.

Do you remember the karting event I organised? You didn't show up when you promised to, and I never got anything for the effort I put into organising anything. How dare you make a profit of this.
-
(rockclan) DELETED by rockclan : new info
You have to be pretty well off to be able to spend that much money on yourself in the month of December. Especially for a Dutch person who has both Christmas and Sinterklaas festivals to pay for!

From the several other attempts I have seen at organising a Dutch karting event I think you are better off organising an event that is less costly.

Also, attempting to profit out of it for an event of this kind is not the done thing. I have done lots of organised group activities over the years and I have never seen an organiser make a profit, although I have seen plenty make a loss (usually when people say they will come, dont give a deposit on time, and then drop out at the last moment ... a situation that is easy to avoid by handling deposits correctly).

With sufficient time to make travel arrangements, sort finances, and handle commercial commitments whilst I am away then I might attend a Dutch karting meet. But not at short notice during the Christmas period.

I would suggest revisiting this after the festive period, and find something that is lower cost per person - 180 is a big number to swallow on top of hotels and flights, perhaps an endurance event?

Also if you want people from other European countries to attend then reconsider doing it in central holland. There's nothing else there!

It might sound great for Dutch people to only have to travel 38 minutes from the border lands to the middle of your country, but you all got cars and Holland is tiny with a car. But to foreigners who are not used to such tiny countries and who wont have a car whilst there then holding it in or around Amsterdam suddenly makes it a trip worth doing - as Amsterdam has a tourist industry, the three farmers fields and a windmill in the middle of the Netherlands dont
#12 - Ezpz
You can gtfo already if you plan on making any money off of this, organizing events for the fun is not a job.
New plan in the making, think off June 2012, 2 day event.

Karting and LFS Event, spread costs, no profit, epic fun.

Maybe it could also mean a EU meeting.
Need a little more info before signing up for a kart meeting.
As an outside, or a person who is not from the country, I need a lot of information to 1: Feel secure, 2: Well organized, 3: Plan ahead with transport, work, family and so on.
-
Wait what?
There are 3 things I do not do when dealing with "the public". I also don't do them at work, and I don't do them in my relationships - in fact, the only time I do them is when being sarcastic at friends. If you also stop doing this these things then you too will be a better person Walter:
  • Blame
  • Excuses
  • Denial
You destroy trust and confidence in you by doing these things. Try taking ownership of your problems instead, by owning them you are responsible, and by being responsible you resolve them. Ever heard of a "responsible" person. Well if you are going to organise an event for the public you need to be responsible.

You cant turn around a day before the kart meeting and say "They put me behind bars, the whole thing is off.". Plains will still fly, money will still get charged. The ripple effect of you stealing the other in-mates pencil and using it as an anal brush will have dramatic consequences for maybe 30 people as they all try to figure out what to do with 2-3 day holidays to Holland, possibly a hotel and so on.

People who live within Holland will still have time off work, possibly limiting the number of days they have available when someone responsible tries to organise an event down the road, resulting in nobody available for the event until the following year - lowering quality of life, and leading to teen suicides.

Everyone from air stewardesses to hotel owners to taxi drivers to cafe chefs will be effected by the lost trade, plunging the Netherlands into a recession that could take the rest of Europe with it.

And it'll all be your fault.

Are you seriously locked up in a padded cell and yet still think you are responsible enough to run a European karting event? I am curious to know, because i'm wondering if you are in for some form of megalomania. If you are, then my post really hasn't helped.

But the opening bit, the bit about blame, excuses and denial - i'd take that with you for the rest of your life. It'll go a long way to earning respect.
Quote from The Very End :Wait what?

Its an OK guy but the mental issues are just so big.

Absolutely amazing that this community still reads everything somewhat seriously. You guys need more beers.

And Becky too..
I just try to not really find the bad "seeds" of the community, and rather have an neutral aproach to people, but this topic confused me a little in a negative way.

Naive - yes
Too little beers? - **** yeah
Added quite some infos.

Looking forward to read people´s thoughts.
What hotels / sleeping places are in the area?
Quote from The Very End :What hotels / sleeping places are in the area?

For example people like yourself, could probably have a sleep at my home in Budel.

However, in Eindhoven, there´s lots of hotels. Just search somewhere for Hotel, Eindhoven on Google.
Quote from rockclan :For example people like yourself, could probably have a sleep at my home in Budel.

You know him too well.
Ok, so since it´s been Christ-massss, I thought it was time to ask you people something..

1. Would you rather race on a EPIC indoor karting track, with superb service, and then be earlier at our sleeping/meeting place in Budel?

or

2. Try and arrange it at outdoor kart track, but have trouble with transport to the rest?
3. This is probably not going to happen at all.

(I'm not negative just realistic).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG