The online racing simulator
My pedals project
(8 posts, started )
#1 - Mapsa
My pedals project
I drove happily with my MOMO stock pedals for about 1 month, then spiking, and other problems came in. I repaired it all the time and it worked somehow for 2weeks and so. Then I decided to repair them for good but I got so frusterated to the old pots that I ripped them off and replaced them with new ones. Then I tried to refit the new pots but I just couldn't get them calibrated properly thanks to the autocalibration softaware or something like that.

So I saw no choice but to build my own pedals. I would have bought Finnmotion pedels but they said it would take up tp 6months cause they had so many previous orders to fill in. This is very early WIP but damn, if I managed to finish my Shifter I'll have to get this done..

Oh,sorry for the blurry pics(damn webcams..) and for my crapppy english, hope you understand even something.
Attached images
Picture 25.jpg
Picture 24.jpg
Picture 26.jpg
#2 - Vain
Nice project. How do you fix the pieces together? Do you drill holes in them and use screws?
Are you planning to make the pedals "top-down" or will your pedals be mounted like on the MOMO?
The more detailed you are in the description of construction the more people will be able to do something similar.

Vain
OMG!! I want it... Did you make or buy the gear shift???
#4 - Mapsa
Shifter is homemade, if you offer enough its for sale

And I'm going to do the pedals like MOMOs cause the lack of space, I have though also top-down version as you said. But it would have become too complex in my opinion. And the pedal shafts will be fixed via axels cause then I can attach the pots directly to them. It will be only 2 pedal version for now cause then I can use them directly with MOMO but when I'll get some money, (hopefully very soon) it will get the third pot and I have thought also handbrake project if I buy Plasma-Lite or similiar.

I'm trying to get better pics as soon as possible and write some instructions if someone wants to build something like this.

Oh, and if anyone needs MOMOs stock pedals without electrics its for sale for 2€ or so
#5 - Mapsa
Yeah, now the frame is done and bolted together and my uncle promised to mill the axels(I owe him big time now, since he helped me also with the shifter more than I can tell) Now I'll have to hunt down some good pots, prolly Bourns 100Kohm and BU0836 chip from LBodnar. For a start, I use the pedals with MOMOs electronics(pots replaced), but hopefully very soon I'll get the clutch pedal working also. When its working and fully complete I'm going to tear it apart and polish it shiny as mirror all the way around(I used only stainless steel and alu so its easy to polish) Again few blurry pics...
Attached images
Picture 31.jpg
Picture 30.jpg
Picture 28.jpg
Picture 29.jpg
#6 - Mapsa
Small progress again, now I have bought MOMO pedal plates, axels milled and bolted on both of them.
Attached images
Picture 32.jpg
#7 - Dumpy
That's awesome! What's the clutch pedal going to plug into?
#8 - Mapsa
I'm ordering that BU0836 chip. Thanks to that, the clutchpedal will be possible. For starters, I use only gas and brake with MOMO wheel. The only reason for that is that I'm completely broke ATM but when I'll get my first pay check it will be first thing to order.

And now I'm testing diffrent kind of springs but I just can't find a proper one, they all feel weird. I think I'll move on to rubber bands like Finnmotion's creators. And I'm already designing handbrake but original MOMO handbrake lever is waaaaay too expensive for me (100€), it would been cool to have all things genuine MOMO tho..

My pedals project
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG