The online racing simulator
[req] tool for broadcasting races at open configs
Hi folks,

since broadcasting went old school with the introduction of the open configs, I'd like to ask if there is the chance someone could do a program, which allows the broadcaster to remotely choose the car and camera. Moreover it would be great if it can produce overlays of the current standings like the tv director by soeren scharf on the computer it is running. It would be even greater if it works for qualifying too, however choosing the car/camera combo remotely during the races would be pretty awsome to have and therefore it is my main request.

thanks for reading and an even bigger thank you for those who think about converting my idea into the virtual reality.

yours
Falke
If I recall correctly, InSim allows for the programmer to set a camera from his app. Basically you'd need a "master" application controlled by the broadcaster and "client" apps used by the viewers. Master app would tell the clients how to set the camera and clients would then send appropriate packet to LFS running on their machines via InSim.
Perhaps it's not the easiest thing to write, but it's definitely doable.
Quote from MadCatX :If I recall correctly, InSim allows for the programmer to set a camera from his app. Basically you'd need a "master" application controlled by the broadcaster and "client" apps used by the viewers. Master app would tell the clients how to set the camera and clients would then send appropriate packet to LFS running on their machines via InSim.
Perhaps it's not the easiest thing to write, but it's definitely doable.

well actually camaras are not needed. It would work with the standard LFS-TV-mode-cameras which work everywhere. The important stuff is that I can "tab" through the drivers remotely, and it would be sweet if it produces inlay buttons like tv director does. The broadcasting bit itself would be done via simsport.tv or livestream.com and similar.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG