The online racing simulator
Spatial Awareness
(7 posts, started )
Spatial Awareness
I'm very nervous when racing online about clipping other cars and I don't feel the mirrors (looking left and right) give me enough idea of what's around me.
Are there any mods out there that might help me?
I don't have another monitor to use but I have a laptop and wondered if it would be possible to show something on there that could help?

Any help greatly appreciated

Justin
Try AONIO, it has a radar (top-down view) of the cars near to you.
I use headphones because it's alot easier to hear where surrounding cars are to me, compared to my speakers. In the config screen you can also set up keys to turn your head around to see to your sides.
#4 - obmit
I would recommend trying AONIO.
Not only does it have the top-down RADAR type display (which personally I found distracting, so I turned that off. I Don't like looking away from track when in the heat of battle) but AONIO also has a "Spotter" function, which gives audio feedback of the position of other cars around you.
I have replaced the .wav files that AONIO uses by default (Standard Windows alerts) with .wav files of a guy calling out "clearer" info.
I find it helps.

I "borrowed" the Spotter .wav files from LFSRelax by Gai-Luron.

Hmm, that's 3 times I've mentioned AONIO in this post, maybe I should contact EQ Worry and work out some sort of commission deal ,,, OK, make that 4.
@Driver 8,
good suggestions already posted above. Just to add, there is one alternative that has been overlooked. Race the AI! They do not care about you (that much) but simply race the optimal racing line (for AI). That way you can practice staying out of trouble, and still beat the AI of course. It gives you a certain spatial awareness in relation to your driving line at certain sections of the tracks. Staying out of trouble is often the key to success, even with "human" opponents. So finding out how and when you can take care of the AI will also grant you some advantage when racing online. At least it did for me. Just put that frustration aside when AI bumps you from behind and think about how you could have avoided that. Just a thought.
#6 - pipa
Look completely left and right? That way you covered the blindspots, which can be missed by the mirrors.

In general try to remember who is around you and keep a look out for cars approaching from behind. If you know how many cars are around you and you see all of them, then there is very little to worry about.
A triple screen setup always helps too!

Spatial Awareness
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG