The online racing simulator
Need to find a Christmas Gift
(10 posts, started )
Yes, I know it is early, but I really need some help with this one.

Since my brother is a big fan of alcohol and FPS games, I decided I'd like to get him an AK-47 shaped vodka bottle. I'm very inclined to buy one off eBay, but there are very few and they are nastily expensive. Does anyone know if there's somewhere online I can get one new?
Ohhhh no, not that christmas shit again...

Quote from Rappa Z :Yes, I know it is early, but I really need some help with this one.

Since my brother is a big fan of alcohol and FPS games, I decided I'd like to get him an AK-47 shaped vodka bottle. I'm very inclined to buy one off eBay, but there are very few and they are nastily expensive. Does anyone know if there's somewhere online I can get one new?

Russian drinks in gun shaped bottles are all insanely expensive. My local store is selling PPSh vodka, but no one is buying it, because it costs something like 50 dollars.
Well that's dirt cheap!

The real deal Kalishnikov Vodka is $690 on eBay. The Red Army version is $265. Luckily I can drive over and pick it up though, the seller lives about 30 minutes away.

Although, family tradition is to buy something for someone because you wanted it yourself, so I'm pretty willing to dump $300 into it.
Did it get banned in the US too, or just in your state? I was sure it was available down there somewhere...

I know it's been banned in Ontario, but we're also the only area in all of North America that banned Crystal Head vodka, so that doesn't mean much.
Well I'm pretty sure it's already illegal for me because, even though I don't intend on drinking it myself, someone is going to be selling me alcohol as a minor.

That said, I'm going to have a parent with me the entire time, although I haven't told them what I'm buying yet.

edit: I'm new to eBay, so could someone please explain if I need to 'purchase' an item online even though I'm driving over to the person's house and paying in cash?
Quote from Rappa Z :edit: I'm new to eBay, so could someone please explain if I need to 'purchase' an item online even though I'm driving over to the person's house and paying in cash?

That I believe you have to work out with the seller themselves and they will manually remove the listing from eB. IIRC. Been a while since I've done anything with it, tbh.
Quote from Rappa Z :Well that's dirt cheap!

The real deal Kalishnikov Vodka is $690 on eBay. The Red Army version is $265. Luckily I can drive over and pick it up though, the seller lives about 30 minutes away.

Although, family tradition is to buy something for someone because you wanted it yourself, so I'm pretty willing to dump $300 into it.

You rich bastards! Over here people are willing to give you a blowjob and make you a dinner for 50 bucks!
Quote from Rappa Z :
edit: I'm new to eBay, so could someone please explain if I need to 'purchase' an item online even though I'm driving over to the person's house and paying in cash?

That's kinda against eBay rules but quite frankly nobody really gives a damn, so yes you don't really need to purchase it online (assuming this is a Buy It Now item). If it's an auction then some sellers will prefer to let the auction run, particularly if it has a load of bids obviously.

If you wanted to do it the proper way you could purchase the item online and then pay cash on collection. Whilst the seller will still get charged eBay final value fees, he will at least be able to avoid Paypal fees. As an eBay seller, there is nothing worse when you sell an item worth £500, which needs to be collected in person anyway due to size/weight, and then the buyer goes and pays with paypal :doh:
Thanks for the help JO53PHS, but I have one more question.

Before I make myself look like an idiot asking for this person's address, is it on their profile page and I'm just missing it or do I have to specifically ask?
#10 - JJ72
usually you will have to ask, contact details ain't usually available until the deal is done online and I don't think anyone will put their address openly on Ebay.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG