The online racing simulator
Angry Angus Racing
(14 posts, started )
Angry Angus Racing
Background:

Angry Angus Racing was established in 2005 between Jared Meade and Rejean LeBlanc of New Brunswick, Canada. Both met at the kart track. Jared was the wily old veteran of the kart club and Rej was the newbie teenager with a rusted out 20 year old chassis which a previous owner had painted "Angry Angus" across the back of the seat. Jared started his karting career in a very similar fashion with a 20+ year old kart and still to this day takes on factory supported super-teams with essentially left over parts found kicking around on the paddock. Jared took a liking to LeBlanc (sporting an afro at the time) and the two made a pact to work together.

Nascar Racing 2003 Season

Jared and Rej picked up another local kart driver Brent Roy to take part in the New Brunswick Virtual Racing League. This is a small Nascar league that attracts only 8-12 cars each week. Over a 4 year span, Jared won 8 series championships including going virtually undefeated at any road course. Brent Roy won several races and Rookie of the Year before retiring from sim racing to take part in other hobbies, Rej lacked interest in Nascar and was mostly a road course ringer. In the summer of 2010, Jared looked to get away from circle track racing and he found Live For Speed. Jared was intrigued by the Racing Minds 16 Hour race but was unsuccessful in forming a team to participate in the 2010 edition. The hope diminished and was all but forgotten.

Live For Speed

In December 2010, Jared and Rej spent some time together and decided that they WILL race in the 16 Hour in 2011. That spring the team was officially listed as a recognized team on LFS World and the recruiting began. The team brought on Jonathan Bjornson (GTAL racer) and Zoltan Gacsi (Hungarian LFS Cup racer). The team was built with the intention to run the 16 Hour race so anything that came before was to be practice for the 16 Hour. Jonathan advised the team to enter the GT2 World Series. Jared and Rej were both LFS rookies, but had significant other racing background. Zoltan is a relatively inexperienced LFS driver so the 3 of us were relying on the more experienced Bjornson. Round 1 of the GT2WS was approaching and Jonathan was not available to drive. It dawned on the 3 just days before the opening round that none of us had ever raced a GT2 car, none of us had ever run an endurance race, Rej and Jared have never run ANY LFS series before...this would be a trial by fire. The team wanted to gain experience, qualify for every race, finish as many races as we could and maybe beat at least one other team. We came out of that first event with a 18th place finish. By the end of the series, we finished every race finished the final series points 19th overall, a result we are extremely satisfied with also considering Bjornson withdrew from the team after Round 2, so 4 of the 5 rounds were driven by the 3 rookies.

Racing Minds 16 Hour

The team ran in the NGT class with Peter Toth as a 4th driver who signed up for the one-off ride with the team. Peter qualified the car 3rd in class and we finished 3rd in class (26th overall) in our first NGT race and our first 16 Hour. That goes down as the teams first podium finish, and you can't pick a bigger race to get you first podium.

Team Activities

As a team we pride ourselves on maximizing on the little experience we have. That attitude is deeply ingrained back from karting where Jared and Rej ran old karts with old engines on warn out tires against factory teams, and managed to week in and week out compete with these teams. Right now we realize that we are inexperienced drivers but we are willing to enter the big events to see where we stack up. We use smart driving, planning and efficient communication to maximize our performance. Jared acts as the lead strategist and a calculator is never far from his computer desk. Jared use a method of calculations and projections to predict race stint outcomes, and uses effective communication to relay necessary information to the drivers before and during the race. In the Racing Minds 16 Hour, we completed the 3rd fewest pit stops of the 30 finishing teams and every driver exchange occurred as planned (no driver was abandoned for hours on end to hold up the fort), with a back-up system in place at all times. Even thought there was a backup driver available at all times, every driver got a full nights sleep and no one had to drive fatigued. It is that type of planning and execution that we use to overcome our lack of experience.

Recruitment

The team would like to find a 4th and maybe 5th driver. We are targeting intermediate level drivers. Top level drivers are more than welcome if you want to help build up the team. We do not require world class pace, we do not require hours of testing for races, we only ask that every driver give their full honest legitimate best effort (whatever your best effort is). Try your best, and communicate effectively with the team. If you want to join with this plucky band of drivers as we take on some of the biggest events in LFS contact me through facebook, e-mail, LFSforum private message. We stick together and feed off of each individuals strengths to create a more powerful outcome than any individual effort. Zoltan is the consistently faster driver so he usually does the most driving, Jared is the communicator and planner so he is the strategist and spotter and Rej just loves to race so he usually puts a lot of laps in to de-bug setups.

We run a facebook page that we complete live blogging during events http://www.facebook.com/pages/ ... us-Racing/173430552708247

---

Angry Angus Racing: A Somewhat Legitimate Racing Team Since 2005

Specializing in: 4 cycle Go-Karts, 1:18th scale RC Race Cars; Simulated Stock Cars, Touring Cars and Open Wheel Cars; Engineering, Design, Fabrication of components; Sponsorship planning and Livery Design; Driver Coaching.
Ouch, wall of text ahead! Nice intro, and good job in 16H/GT2WS

Quote from jmeade :In the Racing Minds 16 Hour, we completed the 3rd fewest pit stops of the 30 finishing teams

But then again this is partly due to the fact that NGTs are much easier on tyres than GTR and GT2, and can achieve much longer stints.
#3 - RLeb
Still recruiting! Looking for 1-2 drivers
I will try to keep this one shorter

Angry Angus Racing has registered in the CIBC Run For The Cure: a fund-raiser for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. We will be racing a special pink skin in the season finale of the GT2 World Series. We are asking for donations to this good cause. If we reach $1000, I will paint my kart pink for my final kart race of the season on September 30th.

Watch for the pink car at Kyoto on September 29th at www.livestream.com/pmdtv

Please donate at
www.runforthecure.com/goto/AngryAngusRacing

Some more information at
www.facebook.com/AngryAngusRacing

Angry Angus Racing would like to start off by saying a massive thank you to the guys at NDR for another great year of GT2 World Series. We finished the series 19th overall, of 49 entries (probably would have been 17th if we had not been crashed out in round 1), and finished 8th of 27 in the newly formed amateur classification. We would also like to thank NDR for their enthusatic and active promotion of our Run For The Cure campaign that raised $286 towards defeating breast cancer. On that note, congratulations to ineX Racing for winning our team challenge as the most generous team and thus will have a special video produced in their honour.

We are looking forward to the GT1 World series this winter but feel we require more man-power for a series composed of 6-8-12-24 hour races. We would like to hear from any interested drivers, or even whole teams who are also facing man-power shortages going into this true test of endurance, we can work something out.
No massive wall of text this time...but it is time to reveal the lineup for the GT1 World Series Round 4: The 24 Hours of Kyoto

Good luck to both Angry Angus Racing, Race Green Autosports and of course mr. Laprevotte.

See you on track!
Nice lineups, best of luck
It is with sadness that I announce that Angry Angus Racing has closed its doors after seven and a half years of sim racing. The team has chosen to go their separate ways due to a lack of manpower. We believe that this is partially due to my inability to be active within the community to promote and grow the team but mostly because of the general shrinking of the LFS user-base as a whole.

Jonathan is taking time away from sim-racing all together, Rej and Zoltan are both focusing on education commitments and personally, I am anxiously looking forward to other opportunities within the LFS community that I currently have in the works (details to follow).

This is a decision several weeks in the making as AAR has been my pet project for over seven years, it makes me very sad to finally close up shop. But, I can look back fondly over those years of how we started as a joke between some freinds in a tiny NR2003 league and rode it to this level. Those memories and accomplishments are thanks to the people who have put their time into this team:

J. Meade, R. LeBlanc, B. Roy, J. Bjornson, Z. Gacsi, P. Toth, L. Kovacs, T. Csaki, R. Kronpuss, R. Kampars, P. Hall, B. Wong, A. Szarka, M. Linde, Y. Laprevotte, K. Leu, L. Wylensek, T. Anicic

http://i.imgur.com/fE8VOzb.jpg
you guys always have been fun to be around. Hope to see you on track still Meaddie
Sad to see but may you find a new home in other teams here.
Canada eh
Sad to hear, but thanks for the good time And sorry after all, that I always had trouble to pronounce your name right
Thank You, Jared for everything! Taking part in AAR - as a teamMate - was pretty great. I wish You the best @ Savage Simsports

Angry Angus Racing
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG