The online racing simulator
Its back!
(67 posts, started )
#51 - th84
does your dad not trust paypal? the money order would work too!! and tell him NO, there is no other game you want!!!

if you had to though, i would be happy to buy the voucher if you mailed the funds.

replying to the last post, any convience store in the US(most anyway) sell money orders for less than a buck , but i think they have to be the offical kind from the bank to send overseas... i could be wrong though.
Thats a problem, in general you don't want to be mailing cash to people, But I'm sure that if you wrapped it in paper, letter style(3 fold with one being quite shorter then the other 2), it might fare a better chance. I know that it doesn't cost any extra to convert $ at the bank so maybe shipping an Email off to Vic might get some more ideas.

Me too, I'd be happy also to buy the voucher.
#53 - th84
yea and it would be better to send as few bills as possible, i wouldnt recommend sending $42 worth of saved lunch money
Atleast in the USA, you can send 42$ in Bills, not like here, where you gotta send 2 bills, and a coin.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Thats a problem, in general you don't want to be mailing cash to people, But I'm sure that if you wrapped it in paper, letter style(3 fold with one being quite shorter then the other 2), it might fare a better chance.

OH, I get it, someone might get a hold of the letter somehow, and take the money. So, you don't have to be 18 to get a money order, right? Hmmm.... I think I will send an email to the devs.
wheel4hummer, you have hundreds of fathers/adults here on the forum who would vouch for you about the online transaction to LFS I'd guess. How old is your father? I'm sure he's probably the same age or close to the majority who race LFS and post here on the forum.
Quote from Vain :I went out and read a book in the sun. illepall

Vain

What are these things, BOOK and SUN, that you speak of..are these new LFS add-ons I've not downloaded yet
Quote from mrodgers :wheel4hummer, you have hundreds of fathers/adults here on the forum who would vouch for you about the online transaction to LFS I'd guess. How old is your father? I'm sure he's probably the same age or close to the majority who race LFS and post here on the forum.

Then my dad would just think I'm talking to pedophiles online, and he'd take my computer away. Believe me, you don't know my dad. He's very stubborn and irrational. My dad is in his 50's. Maybe I should make a poll of LFS users's ages.
Quote from AtomAnt :What are these things, BOOK and SUN, that you speak of..are these new LFS add-ons I've not downloaded yet

No, they come free with the nK licence whilst we wait for patches.

Not a dig at nK, just a humourous jab, meant with good intentions. DON'T FLAME ME
Wheel, my dad is 53 and he plays COD2 and he isn't a pedaphile. Heck I got a debit card and used that, just talk to your parents into getting a debit card then use that for any online buying, although I'm not sure how legal it is under 18, but I do it lol. Erm I'd vauch for you as well, I talked to my mom because I can ween money and things I want easier from her. Just some help if your really desperate ask a neighbor and give them money.
this is ot but..

its funny how the person who always holds the longest distance is an oval racer..which makes sense tho
failure is an oval whore i've never seen him anywhere else...
Quote from wheel4hummer :Then my dad would just think I'm talking to pedophiles online, and he'd take my computer away. Believe me, you don't know my dad. He's very stubborn and irrational. My dad is in his 50's. Maybe I should make a poll of LFS users's ages.

I just want to confirm, for people who don't wish to use their credit card online (though that's just as safe or safer than using it in a restaurant - depending on if you know the waiter personally)... you can go to the bank and get a money order. This money order must be in UK pounds (aka GBP) and "drawn on a UK bank". The bank knows what that means - they have an associated bank in the UK, whose name appears on the money order.

No-one can steal the money order, because it says "Live for Speed" on it. And if it gets lost in the post, you can get the money back.

What the bank gives you is a printed cheque (US : check) for £24, made out to Live for Speed, and we can simply pay it into our bank account, just like a UK cheque.

I don't really need to tell you this - all the money order details should be clearly visible on our website, if you are from certain countries including USA. Please let us know if it's not visible or clear. By the way, some banks can even post it for you, through their system.

Thanks and good luck.
Quote from wheel4hummer :DAMN. My dad says he wont let me get it. First he tells me that he "isn't sure" about giving his credit card number overseas. THEN he says "isnt there anyother game you want instead". And my mom doesn't understand the fact that I don't actually buy a CD. So, my dad asks when the liscense runs out, and I say "well, never". Then he says "you can't just grab the first game you see just because you have enough money". I mean WTF? Now I am really pissed, and he doesn't trust Scawen. I really doubt that Scawen is a scam artist. I am really pissed. I have the money for it too. If I mail someone the money, could they buy me a voucher? If theres anyone in the US who will do this, please PM me.

EDIT: I got my hopes up for nothing . I am soooooooo unbelievibly angry right now.

I put my credit card number in the purchase form of the live for speed site and I was playing my unlocked copy of LFS S2 later the same day. Ditto for my S1 licensed copy a while before that. I've used my credit card online many times (Amazon.com, paypal for ebay stuff) and never had any problems. Just my two cents!

-Carl

ps don't see why your parents think you are making a rush decision about buying the "first game you see" since you are a member of the forums and all?? The community and the fact that while playing the game you're not simply running around trying to destroy everything in sight seem to me to make live for speed a good choice actually
@Wheel4hummer

I suggest you play the shoot everything/steal cars/abuse women games vs. games that teach you responsible driving -card. ( responsible driving as in providing a proper virtual venue for it, not the need for crap illegalstreetblingalingracing-type). Do mention e.g. Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory and, Gran Theft Auto (1 & 2)[If they follow the news, GTA should ring a bell] they don't cost a thing. Ask your parents which one would they like you play? Free GTA or mere 24£ LFS?

If your parents are the gullible responsible type, like most are .

You'll be playing LFS by the next day
Don't worry, we have this set up, we just need to do.

Its back!
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG