The online racing simulator
Good way to make a E-Brake?

1.Making a timber (wooden) box with in the middel a long hole.(Let 1 side open behind)
2.Make a litle hole on L & R side of the box in the middel.
3.Make a litle hole in the stick (Not to high and not to low)and make a litle thing on the stick that can push a button and make a spring from the stick to the top of the box.
4.Take a screw and put it in to the litle holes from the box and from the stick to the other side from the box (other side a screw-nut)(Set it not to hard)
5.Put your joystick into it (behind) and see that your thing on the stick a button push and you're done.!

Sry for bad English
I'm form belgium and 11 year
try and make the drawing clearer to people please...
Thanks .
Quote from eddy678 :try and make the drawing clearer to people please...
Thanks .

Sry for drawing :sorry:
I'm 11 years old and i think it gone be a long time when i this try to make in real.
Sure i go try !
But not now
Do you want it to be an Axis or a Button? If you want it to be a button you could use an old mouse or something and make it so something on the end of the lever pushes the button.
Yes, your design would work, but is complicated.

Here is a more simple version. The handle is at a good angle for a normal E brake, and there is only one lever, no added 'prong'. There is no spring, but instead an elastic band. You can add more elastic bands to increase the force needed to pull the ebrake. You would also want to add a 'stop' to stop you from crushing the joystick button, as you will pull on the lever hard when racing. I added an idea for one in green on the picture, just another rod the same as the pivot for the lever would work as long as it was in the right place. You should also experiment with the pivot point for the lever, so that the lever moves upwards in your hand a decent distance, but the end near the button only moves enough to press the button down. This is easy to do. Get a parent or older person to help you design and make it!

Have fun!

Try using the straight line tool in paint, it makes your picture easier to see!
Attached images
lever.JPG
What I've done is got a joystick and recalibrated it without using the upper half, so in neutral position it's like an unseen deadzone; self centering too.

Great fun to drift with, button on the side wired to the clutch until I get a G27...which shouldn't be long.
Get a parking brake assembly from a junkyard and then go from there imo

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG