The online racing simulator
Pit required or not
(11 posts, started )
Pit required or not
A small suggestion about the question, "is there a forced pit stop or not". When some new drivers join the server, they always ask if there's a forced pit stop. So the suggestion is to make some sort of message in the 'pit' or 'garage' which tells you if there's a required pitstop or not. The yellow message in the begin of a race is the only message which reminds the drivers to pit, and ussually they calculate their fuel before the race so it would be a lot easier if we knew it by looking in the garage area or somthing...

Yeah, me officially makes lfs better
#2 - AndyC
Been suggested at RSC. In the patch Scawen made the yellow text stay on longer at the start but it doesn't seem to stay on long enough for some people. You could just press F12....

Maybe LFS should look at CSS and have a window that has the server rules, team name etc that you have to click 'ok' on before racing, then everyone can check. But personally I think the current system is just fine.

Andy.
if you press F12 before the race it will show you the number of laps. maybe scawen could add the pitrules there as well.
!! Aren't they in there already?

Press F12, you get the number of laps/mins of qual/and pit req or not
No there is no information about pit req or not!
I second that
#7 - Gunn
Maybe also some idea which track is currently selected. Also, when leaving the pit garage I have on occasion travelled the wrong way up pit lane. Some small indicator above the garage exit may be a good idea... unless I'm missing something that is already there.
Quote from Gunn :Maybe also some idea which track is currently selected. Also, when leaving the pit garage I have on occasion travelled the wrong way up pit lane. Some small indicator above the garage exit may be a good idea... unless I'm missing something that is already there.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who did that. Dang, I don't feel so stupid now
God yeah. I have to sit there looking at the minimap for a bit when I join a server.
You'd obviously normally have a pit crew member with a board showing which way to turn.
Maybe there should just be an on screen message saying 'Turn left' or 'Turn Right'.
Two suggestions:

Big arrow flashes up when you exit garage/enter car. I often turn the wrong way.

An Icon, permanently on screen reminding you that you need to pit. Something else I often forget to do in the heat of the moment.
Quote from Seahorse :Two suggestions:

Big arrow flashes up when you exit garage/enter car. I often turn the wrong way.

An Icon, permanently on screen reminding you that you need to pit. Something else I often forget to do in the heat of the moment.

I like the sound of both those ideas. Sometimes if I join mid-race, I don't see a forced-pit warning, so I end up racing, then getting disq'd at the end. Irritating!

Pit required or not
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG