The online racing simulator
So I just brought Live for Speed S2 Alpha :D .
So yeah I was playing the demo for about an hour tonight and I finally desided to buy it. The first track I played was South City with the porshe look-a-like car. Then I try out the other cars and I absolutly love the new BMW car man that thing is so fast exspecialy on the oval track, all I need to do now is keep practicing so I can drift with these faster cars and better tracks.

well that's all I wanted to say.

Cant wait for more improvements on this woulderful, brillant , sim racing game .

Peace .
For me, the FZ50 is the easiest car to drift, its the easiest to get into one and the easiest to hold there.
whats s2: D? hehe. welcome
yeah but I forgot to say i havnt played this game for awhile now, but I can see what you mean.

The only thing I wish is that the developers code the Logitech MOMO wheel into the game, so it can take better advantage using it, because right now it just doesnt feel right.
#5 - SamH
Welcome to LFS, S2!

As is tradition on these occasions, may I be one of the first to wish your social life a safe journey into oblivion!

Now you're up and running on S2, you're going to be faced with a whole bunch of servers running a whole load of different track configurations and a whole bunch of unearthly cars that you've never seen before. It's an amazing thing, and I'm really pleased for you!

Just because I think it's REALLY important to make sure you know, there is a separation between drifters and racers. The drift servers are where you'll find the drifters, and the racing servers are where you'll find people aiming for the finish line ASAP. Please don't make the mistake so many make, and try racing on drift servers, or drifting on race servers. The S2 world has usernames, and if you get banned from a server through a misunderstanding of what's expected, that ban can potentially be a LONG time.

I personally recommend learning to do both! Drifting is an awesome sight, when it's performed by a skilled driver, and racing for a finish is the biggest buzz going. Do both, and you max out on what S2 has to offer! Enjoy it all!
Quote from ult1mate X64 :The only thing I wish is that the developers code the Logitech MOMO wheel into the game, so it can take better advantage using it, because right now it just doesnt feel right.

The devs didn't code any wheel into the game. LFS simply uses the DirectX (DirectInput?) functions, so anything that "doesn't feel right" is a setup problem of your wheel

Make sure no additional wheel FF effects (like centering spring) are enabled, as LFS generates ALL forces by itself. Anything else just negatively influences the FF, masking alot of the detail provided by LFS. The only thing you can enable is very little damping, which should help to somewhat prevent the oscillating that sometimes occurs.
Quote from AndroidXP :Make sure no additional wheel FF effects (like centering spring) are enabled, as LFS generates ALL forces by itself. Anything else just negatively influences the FF, masking alot of the detail provided by LFS. The only thing you can enable is very little damping, which should help to somewhat prevent the oscillating that sometimes occurs.

Thanks for that info i've always raced in games with that center spring enabled on the wheel...will try to turn that off when i get home
Once your in the car, you can hit the > and < keys to increase or decrease the amount of FF. LFS has awesome FF. Dont be fooled into thinking that it's a little flat compared to some other games which use canned effects. At least you can feel the suspension. The only thing that's missing is feeling bumps in the road, unless there aren't any - but I think there are becuase the car goes up and down as seen through the cockpit.
Quote from mattlikespeoples :whats s2?

Its your life
Quote from joeynuggetz :The only thing that's missing is feeling bumps in the road, unless there aren't any - but I think there are becuase the car goes up and down as seen through the cockpit.

That's a moot point, really. If you, as you said, watch the car/cockpit when driving, there's a lot of bumping and rumbling going on. It's just that these bumps shock the whole car with you - but actually there aren't any left/right steering forces acting on the tyres, so you don't feel them on the wheel.

If the current FF wheels had proper vibrate, or "up" and "down" forces then we'd feel alot more going on; it's just Scawen's decision NOT to use canned effects, like abusing the left/right forces to simulate rumbling (which doesn't actually pull the wheel left and right).
Quote from Stellios :For me, the FZ50 is the easiest car to drift, its the easiest to get into one and the easiest to hold there.

I favour the XRGT/XRGT Turbo for drifting! And once you become more advanced, try the LX4/6!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG