The online racing simulator
Momo FFB issue - can it be solved?
Ironicly, one of the primary things that got me into virtual racing, is now becomming very annoying: Force Feeback.

I'm currently at 20% or even lower sometimes - but at 20% or lower, the FFB is very weak (bumps, curbs etc), yet the resistance is still too high - I'm not sure if the resistance is caused my software, of if its the actual motor that causes it - I have a belief that it's the motor causing it.

But if not - is there a way to tweak the resistance (I dont use the profiler software)?

And if motor related - what other FFB wheel would you recommend (disregard how affordable it is - I'm higly into sim racing)?

Ultimatly I would like a wheel with resistance as MOMO when set to 5-15%
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#2 - Vain
Is the resistance also too big when the wheel is off (no power)?

Vain
thisnameistaken:
Thanks, I "know" Ballracing, but I don't know how their wheel is.

Vain: When I unplug the power adapater and USB cable, the resistance is the same as when the wheel is just in idle mode/not being used (too high).

BUT... when FFB strength is lowered to 0% in LFS, the wheel becomes so loose that it can keep turning if I do a sudden move and let go.

So thats why I'm not sure if its software or motor related.
#4 - Vain
What are you're FFB-settings in the Logitech profiler?
It should read something like 100% intensity (personal preferance here), 0% spring-effect, 0% dampening-effect and disabled centering-spring.
(I have the german version of the profiler, so translations will propably deviate a bit - though the options should be in the same order)

Vain
The settings are as you suggest them - but I don't use or even run the profiler software at all.
Maybe thats the problem? I always thought, it was necessary to use it.
The profiler software isn't neccesary at all, unless you play a game that has lack of wheel/pedals and/or buttons support - or if you just want to use the shift button feature.

But I just ran the software anyway - created a LFS profile and started it up through the profiler - no difference.

I'm not sure how to put this so it can be understood - I'll try my best:

It seems that while all other effects (touching curbs, blocking tires, hitting bumps etc.) fade in relation to FFB strength, the tire resistance (how easy/hard it is to turn due to either weight or speed), does not.

There is a clear difference from 200% to 100% - You can also notice a difference between 100% and 60ish% - but between 60ish% and 5%, the difference it virtually non existant - it just stays the same - untill I get to 0% - now everything is off, and the resistance is so low, that it's too low

Now that I've done more close observations, I'm pretty sure it's not motor, but software related - I suspect the drivers, but still hoping it can be tweaked.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG