LFS driver profile reset
(4 posts, started )
LFS driver profile reset
I was normally drifting in my server when lightning struck and my computer restarted. Then I gone to lfs and all settings were reseted. Like the music played again on the lobby. I saw that i had like two month old driver profile activated.

I tried to activate my newest driver profile without success. I just get: "Could not load profile imteme"

So what happened just 10min ago O.o?

Cheers

imteme
Quote from imteme :

you just said you had a lightening strike!
i'd say 1.21 jiggawatts though you computer has corrupted some data.

I'd run checkdisk or scandisk (cant remember what its called these days) as soon as possible to ensure the windows install isnt full of corrupt files
Quote from gandlers :you just said you had a lightening strike!
i'd say 1.21 jiggawatts though you computer has corrupted some data.

I'd run checkdisk or scandisk (cant remember what its called these days) as soon as possible to ensure the windows install isnt full of corrupt files

CMD > /chkdsk

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

(oldie =P)

To be honest, If you had a surge protector, Do some registry scans, A chkdsk for fried sectors, And or, Open case and check powersupply/units connected.

It does sound like a hard drive issue though, Attempt a system restore and or pray you have SATA. (Not a techkie so sorry.)
Quote from imteme :

Cheers

imteme

The lightning probably caused a power surge or a very short power outage and as a result the "misc/imteme.ply" file got corrupted.

1) Check your drives

Winkey+R, type cmd.
chkdsk C: /F

Repeat for all your drives, it might take a while and Windows might ask you to reboot when you try to run chkdsk on the system partition (most likely C

2) Delete your .ply file and let LFS create it again, you won't loose anything except for your controllers config, chat shortcuts etc...

LFS driver profile reset
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG