The class restrictions for the 2011-2012 season will be:

GT500
FZR: 1% + 10kg
XRR: N/A
FXR: N/A

GT300
FZR: 29%
XRR: 35%
FXR: 34% (33% for Pre-qualifying for Round 1)
If you have the time, can please explain why this restriction? FZR is already the fastest but here it has very less restriction, is it because it does n't have a Turbo etc? Why does FXR have the max handicap? is it because it has better fuel economy and use of R3/R2 tires etc?
Take a look at the restrictions of any other GT2/GT3 league and tell me if the proportions look much different.

Those restrictions are the ones that produce a balanced power-to-weight ratio around the 300 horsepower mark. (In fact, the FZR actually has slightly less horsepower than the other two.)

I'll let PMD explain further.
Check the image in the attachment.

I do believe it is because the XRR and FXR have a 4cyl turbo that they need more restriction to balance out. Taking a % of intake out of a 6cyl hurts more than a % out of a 4cyl turbo. Someone with a more technical background can explain that to you if you really want to know. I just go with the numbers that have worked in the past when it comes to ratios.

Track choice can play just as big of a role as restrictions. The important part is to get a balanced schedule so you don't have to hurt any of the cars too much when balancing them. 1% intake has equated to about 15kg in the P2W ratios. So in GT500 for example, the FZR only has about 25kg on it. Back in the day that was a very competitive weight. Instead of the corner speed being hurt now, it is straight line speed. It can still be nice to its tires, but can lose out to the XRR down the straights (FZR will still be a small bit faster than FXR on straights).

In the GT3 class, you can see that eventhough the FZR has far less restriction (by %), it has far less HP and torque. How the car is built is where it gets most of its speed from. Where the cars weight is and how you are forced to drive it can make it a very rewarding car. In that respect, there is no point killing it with a massive amount of restriction, just making it as even as possible so the people in a FZ3 has to work just as much as someone in a XR3. The FX3 has the most power as shown, but gets (I believe) nearly 5% taken away due to its AWD drivetrain. However the cornering speed is so great that is has been a threat as of late as people have figured it out a bit too well.

If you want to read where I got the P2W ratio idea from, and what ratio is best, check this thread. The moaning is testing before the season started, once it started though everyone shut up because the cars were actually fair and even.

Hope that helps.
Attached images
RestrictionsCalculator.png
Hey thanks both of you, it makes it clear now. My bad, I forgot to see the power/torque after applying restriction but just concentrated on the % restriction alone. Yes they are equal now Btw the current status, the server has very good FZ3 drivers as of now. Someone has logged a 2:53.xx with FZ3 (29%) which is a whole second faster than the AIRW WR for 28% restricted FZ3 Will have to wait till Friday to get a better idea.
I did 51.9 with 1% less restriction with no prac in gt3 cup , I guess 52.mid/high will be q pace and 52.mid/low end stint pace
wow, which car? FZR?
Quote from IsaacPrice :I did 51.9 with 1% less restriction with no prac in gt3 cup , I guess 52.mid/high will be q pace and 52.mid/low end stint pace

No way man. Already tested that. The track is too big for this small kind of difference. 52 high will be best I guess. But who knows, I'm waiting for surprises from ur team
FZR

@ Krasi, try with 1% less restriction and see how much diff it makes. I haven't turned a lap yet so maybe im wrong, but you should find a lot of time through a stint with fzr

http://www.spdoracing.com/eventdb/session/11091/results
http://www.spdoracing.com/eventdb/session/11092/results

Set attached is just something I threw together in like 5-10 mins as per request, its a bad set but its better than nothing. I did mid 55 after 2-3 laps with that =|
Attached files
FXR_AS5 GT3rv1.set - 132 B - 756 views
#10 - CSF
I just turned up and did a 52.2 ffs.
Helps when you're not hungover like in moe
#12 - CSF
Fails made me drive 12h earlier than I said I would be ready to. Not my fault.
Thanks a lot Isaac
Quote from rageshgr : Someone has logged a 2:53.xx with FZ3 (29%) which is a whole second faster than the AIRW WR for 28% restricted FZ3 Will have to wait till Friday to get a better idea.

Who said that AIRW "wr" is made with 28% restr? But yeah, its lame.. :snail:
Oh I thought so coz when I typed !top GT3 in Super GT server it did not show AIRW for GT3. But when i typed the same in another GT3 server I got AIRW. Then I typed !cars in that server and saw FZ3=28%. So I thought Airio has globally defined FZ3 as 28% and that Super GT alone has defined it as 29%. If that is not the case and each server can define GT3 in there own way, then how will I know much %restriction was used for AIRW?

Or is it like any FZR with 28% or more restriction until the next lower class (if exists) will be considered as FZ3 etc? Btw 1WD, awesome!
!
Knowing how much each server uses shouldn't bother you too much, just how much a person has in the server you are racing in (which will be SuperGT).

Also if you have never noticed this, you can go here and compare some of the times that are shown with your own.
Quote from rageshgr :Or is it like any FZR with 28% or more restriction until the next lower class (if exists) will be considered as FZ3 etc?

I think its like that
Quote from PMD9409 :Knowing how much each server uses shouldn't bother you too much, just how much a person has in the server you are racing in (which will be SuperGT).

Also if you have never noticed this, you can go here and compare some of the times that are shown with your own.

1. Yes it should not bother me, but since this is 1st day I needed to know what is realistically possible with a 34% FX3 and what is considered a good lap

2. Yes I went to that website alaready, thanks, but here again, as I said I have no idea if it is a 32% FX3 or 34%FX3.

Practically speaking, from this post and with what data is available in the server I feel that probably 2:54.xx is a good FX3 time.
Quote from rageshgr :So I thought Airio has globally defined FZ3 as 28% and that Super GT alone has defined it as 29%. If that is not the case and each server can define GT3 in there own way, then how will I know much %restriction was used for AIRW?

Each server can define everything by itself but AIRW indeed is 28...

But because GT3 class is not widely used @pickup racing the AIRW WR timings can be way off.

It's not that important anyway, it's about your qualify time compared to other teams.

And..

It looks like FX3 gets killed on this track combo. Nice.
No ((( too much restriction for FXR, thats what many feel 33% plssss
Well, the results are clear for this track.

XR3 all over the place
Quote from PMD9409 :Check the image in the attachment.

Hey PMD and Deadwolfbones, the fastest FX3 is down in the 14th place (( I know this is early days or may be not enough too good FX3 drivers, and may be since its 300 bhp class, more than 5% power is taken up by AWD, but do you think FX3 is too handicapped ? In fact only 1 FX3 in 2:54.xx that too its a 2:54.97. So basically FX3s are in 2:55's, while 6 (FZ3+XR3) are in the 2:53's. I am not arguing or questioning, but guys can you do another test run or something ? Please 32 or 33% plsss

Or do you think it will be more equal in other twisty circuits like FE and SO?
It will certainly have an advantage on twisty circuits, and yes, I think good drivers have not yet driven it in pre-qual.
Thanks, glad to know
I should say "elite" drivers. But I think you knew what I meant.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG