The online racing simulator
GT2WS Round 5: Race Discussion
Round 5, 6 hours of South City Long Reversed
Pre-Qualifying: 30 October 2011 18:00 UTC - 1 November 2011 18:00 UTC
Qualifying: 4 November 2011 19:00 UTC
Race: 5 November 2011 15:00 UTC
Weather: Clear Day
Circuit: South City Long Reversed (SO4R)

Discuss!

NOTE THE EARLIER START TIME.

Also, doublecheck your time conversions as this is around the time when countries are ending Daylight Saving Time - although UTC does not change, your relation to UTC might prior to race weekend!
Hallo,

Will there be a new GTAL season?
Quote from dekojester :
Grand Touring Amateur League - Off-Season (currently under internal consideration for a brief dormancy period)

It doesn't look like GTAL will come back this year, we had the GT2WS straight after it basically, and now the winter is filled with the LFS Super GT Series, so there probably wouldn't be too much time for it anyways.
has the password changed for the server on this race.I was on there earlier today and now it seems my password is no longer valid
#6 - CSF
Yeah I'm using the server for something else for just a little while. The normal password will be put back on in a little while.
Quote from AleX493 :Hallo,

Will there be a new GTAL season?

when there are new information on that topic, you'll be able to read it here
#8 - CSF
Server is back to SO4r.
Ah ok cheers.Thought i was losing it (yes i know,it was never there!)
I would like to announce that Ident-Racing will not be running sponsors for round 5 to show our respect for Dan Wheldon. RIP Dan.
Someone spare me a seat to last race (fzr)
#12 - CSF
All PM's are sent out. Enjoy.
Didn't get one.
Quote from prOmo_LTU :Didn't get one.

He mean PreQualifying PMs - qual PMs will be sent out later in teh week
Yea,that's the one I need - PreQual server pass.
If we entirely missed pre-qual due to our own incompetence, what are the chances of getting into the race?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :If we entirely missed pre-qual due to our own incompetence, what are the chances of getting into the race?

Surely you can get to race in your #30 car or not? That's 4th overall in the standings, so it didn't have to do pre-qualifying.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :Surely you can get to race in your #30 car or not? That's 4th overall in the standings, so it didn't have to do pre-qualifying.

Their 2nd car.
Pre-qual results?
#20 - CSF
Quote from DeadWolfBones :If we entirely missed pre-qual due to our own incompetence, what are the chances of getting into the race?

Nubs. Yeah you can race as it seems we have only 27 post pre-q.
Quote from CSF :Nubs. Yeah you can race as it seems we have only 27 post pre-q.

Excellent, thanks.
#22 - CSF
Quote from SCA-F1 :Session of Incident (Q1, Q2, Q3, Race) - Race
Lap AND Timecode of Incident (eg Lap 4, 9:02.32) - Race start, Turn 1.
Your Car number - 46
Other car(s) involved - 03
Brief description of incident (location included please) - Car 03 divebombs into relatively short braking zone and makes contact with Car 46 - who clearly has the high ground for the corner causing Car 46 to lose the lead.

Session of Incident (Q1, Q2, Q3, Race) - Race
Lap AND Timecode of Incident (eg Lap 4, 9:02.32) - First SC restart, Turn 1.
Your Car number - 46
Other car(s) involved - 03
Brief description of incident (location included please) - Car 03 slows unnecessarily on the restart then swerves towards Car 46 on the straight.

Tomek says that Isaac initially gave him room, but then suddenly closed the door. If he hadn't of closed the door he would have easily pulled off a cut back. Also he didn't lose the lead or anything anyway.

Slow unnecessarily, well to be fair the last sector is full of braking zones etc... and it didn't exactly result in any unfair advantage towards us.
#24 - CSF
fu bad luck...#88 and #66 crashed behind me in t1, couldn't avoid them :s

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG