The online racing simulator
2011 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix

http://www.formula1.com/races/ ... _852/circuit_diagram.html
Checkout the 2010 race edit video: http://www.formula1.com/video/race_edits/

DRS:
The zone will be on the start-finish straight, running from the exit of the final corner down to the first corner.
The detection point will be 70 metres after Turn 15, with the activation point 30 metres after Turn 18.

Srouce: link

Timetable:
Fri 07 October 2011
Practice 1 01:00 - 02:30
Practice 2 05:00 - 06:30
Sat 08 October 2011
Practice 3 02:00 - 03:00
Qualifying 05:00
Sun 09 October 2011
Race 06:00

All times in GMT and may be totally wrong

2010 results: link

Results:
Free Practise 1
Free Practise 2
Free Practise 3
Qualifying results
Race results
hmm.. Don't understand the positioning of the DRS myself.

I'm not a fan of detection zones so far away from the activation. The two should be closer together IMO. ie detection no further away than the section before the section where the activation is. One corner apart max in other words.

Also, looking at the layout alone I would have put the detection zone in the middle of section between 13 & 14 and the activation about where the red spot is just after 14.
I think the mainstraight is actually pretty good place for it. The long backstraight and the hard braking into T16 is a place where overtaking happens naturally while passing into T1 is a lot harder (I'd guess).

At least no double drs bs this time. Plus in the best overtaking place it is down to skill this time.
Anyone have any thoughts on Red Bulls magic floating front wing? Vettel didn't seem happy about everyone seeing it.

Attached images
magic wing.jpg
#5 - CSF
At Monza the Italian marshals lifted Webber's car to show the fans the underneath of the Red Bull. They took pictures and sent them to Ferrari. The front wing also "vanished". I expect Red Bull insisted he stays with the car, ala Coulthard in Brazil 1998 after Darren Heath got a picture of the third pedal setup that McLaren had at the time.
#6 - samjh
#8 - CSF
Interesting to see on the day Rubens said no one could do a better job than him, he produces another inept piece of driving. Rubens Barrihopeless.
Holy Shmozzizzle, Q2 and 3 were brilliant. Cant belive Lewis didnt get that final lap, dammit Vettel manages pole again, about 1 hundredth infront Button.

Cmon Button, you gotta win this.
Bargh. So disappointing...

McLaren gifting Vettel pole...
Vettel: Good job.
Button: Good job.
Hamilton: Sleeping on the job.
Massa: Angling-for-a-promotion job.
Alonso: Overenthusiatic but poor job.
Webber: Summarily terminable job.
Hamilton good job, Mclaren bad job..
Quote from DejaVu :Mclaren bad job..

Or perhaps its just Martin Whitmarsh. Button is delivering though. Hamilton, for all his natural talent, is not. Perhaps this weekend can turn that around, but the odds are long.
Look like Suaber has caught the deficit to force india now.

and why is Petrov behind Senna? they both didn't set a time in Q3 but in q2 Petrovs time was .05 sec faster.
#16 - CSF
Senna is car 9, Petrov is car 10.
I think Hamilton tried to make Schumie come late to the line, but then Mark came and spoiled that fun. (it would have been an awesome way to avenge Monza)
#18 - CSF
Nothing wrong with any of it. Lewis was a bit asleep though, and the headline makers are twisting both Michael and Lewis words.

I don't know why teams put themselves in that position, just go out 20 seconds earlier and its all fine.
Quote from samjh :Drift king!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... =player_detailpage#t=160s

Well, not quite, but a sterling effort.

Ice cold, locking up the front to get the car turned back. Thats a trick I manage to do in LFS sometimes but at those speeds among walls its an impressive save.

EDIT: I was wrong about Hamilton, Webber was inbetween them.
Spoiler alert there

Though I do agree with Gary Anderson about penalties for anyone who doesn't do a lap in Q3
First time in 10 years maybe i misssed the qualies, and probably race too.. Thanks Red Bull/Vettel.
What goes around it comes around Lewis!
Mega job Massa, only if he gets that start and hes got him again
I have no idea how Hamilton, apparently quite a good F1 driver, can do something so stupid at every meeting.

And how can anyone blame McLaren for that? He left the puts with 1m51 to get round - easily enough. Webber left 4 seconds later and Schumi 10 secs later - and both would have made it if Hamilton wasn't being 2011's Taki Inoue.
Kobayashi promoted to 7th on the grid - ahead of MSC. Should Mercedes pursue a protest against Hamilton for impeding MSC from completing a lap in Q3?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG