The online racing simulator
(Series Canceled Due to Lack of Interest)
The Realistic NASCAR Cup Series

General Information
Car Used: FZR
Server Location: Realistic NASCAR Server
Password will be PM'ed to all those signed up via PM on the LFSforums.

Qualifying order will be determined by an official practice session which will start at 12:30 GMT. Qualifying its self will begin at 13:00 GMT for every round and drivers will be given an out lap and two timed laps. There will be at most 3 cars on the track at a time. Quickest in this session will be last to take time in qualifying, and slowest will go first. Between qualifying and the race there will be an open practice session until 14:40 GMT when grid stacking will begin.

Schedule
Round 1 - Nov. 13th 2011 - National 100 - AS3 - 29 Laps
Round 2 - Nov. 27th 2011 - Realistic NASCAR 400 - KY1 - 216 Laps
Round 3 - Dec. 4th 2011 - Historic 200 - AS4 - 40 Laps
Round 4 - Dec. 11th 2011 - Westhill GP - WE1 - 60 Laps
(Christmas / New Year's Break)
Round 5 - Jan. 8th 2012 - Blackwood 100 - BL1 - 100 Laps
Round 6 - Jan. 15th 2012 - Northern 150 - AS7 - 47 Laps
Round 7 - Jan. 22nd 2012 - Kyoto Long 175 - KY3R - 39 Laps
Round 8 - Jan. 29th 2012 - Fern Bay GP - FE3 - 75 Laps
Round 9 - Feb. 5th 2012 - South City 100 - SO4 - 40 Laps
Round 10 - Feb. 12th 2012 - Kyoto Infield 300 - KY2 - 94 Laps

To Signup

World TBO Championship Series Participants may simply post the following information as they are already entered into the Realistic NASCAR database:
Desired Number - LFSworld Name

Those who are not signed up for the World TBO Championship Series must post the following:
Desired number - Real Name (LFSworld Name) - Full Team Name - Country

All sign-ups will be confirmed via PM, and those who are entered into the database will have the ability to alter their entered informations. Skin information will be PM'ed to all participants as well.

Provisionals
All participants are given 4 provisionals. They must be applied for on the provisional thread located on the LFS Forums. When taking a provisional participants are given the option of taking 5 points, or have a team mate race the event in their place.

Back-up Drivers must:
-Drive the same car number and model as the person they are replacing.
-Have a LFS experience rating of over 250
-Not be a regular driver in the series.
-Be announced to be a back-up driver of an entry more than 48 hours in advance of qualifying.

Points will be awarded for the following:
1st place: 25 pts
2nd place: 22 pts
3rd place: 20 pts
4th place: 18 pts
5th place: 16 pts
6th place: 14 pts
7th place: 12 pts
8th place: 10 pts
9th place: 8 pts
10th place: 7 pts
11th place: 6 pts
12th place: 5 pts
13th place: 4 pts
14th place: 3 pts
15th place: 2 pts
Finishing on lead lap 16th or worse: 1 pt
Pole: 2 pts
Fastest race lap: 2 pts

Team / Nation Points
Teams and Nations will be credited with their top 2 points earners in each event. (Not highest finishing position)

Realistic NASCAR Race Procedure

Title I – What is Realistic NASCAR?

1.1 Realistic NASCAR is a non-profit event organizing, promoting, and running organization.
1.2 The sole purpose of our events are to provide the fairest possible racing contests.

Title II – Start of the Race

2.1 Each Realistic NASCAR series will start in a different way and you will be required to know the rules of each series in order to know which set of rules listed here pertain to the series in which you are running in.

Section I – Pace Lap

2.1.1 Cars will start from pit lane and assume a double file starting grid at the exit of pit lane and kill the engine until the grid is entirely set and [RN] Race Control gives the command to start engines.
2.1.2 Pace car will turn a lap at pit road speed until turning onto pit road. Field will maintain double file grid. This lap will not count into the lap total.
2.1.3 Leaders are to retain pace car speed after the pace car has released the grid until the green flag has been thrown.
2.1.4 Green flag will be thrown by [RN] Race Control (via flagging system) near the restart area. All cars must maintain their line until after passing the start finish line to start the race.
2.1.5 The leader / pole sitter must get to the start finish line prior to any other car.
2.1.6 Should a yellow flag be thrown prior to the completion of Lap #1 the field will return to the original starting order, and laps run under this yellow period will not count in the lap total.
2.1.7 If field returns to original start order those responsible for the yellow will lose their starting position. Those in line behind them will move up a row on the double file grid.
2.1.8 If a starting rule is broken penalties may be avoided by giving positions gained by the rules infraction back at earliest convenience.

Title III – Yellow Flags

3.1 Yellow flags will be thrown if it is deemed that the slowing of the cars would reduce the possibility of a major crash due to a disabled or out of control race car.
3.2 The calling of flags will souly fall upon the hands of the administration team, and this will be done via the flagging system.
3.3 The running order of the filed will be frozen immediately as soon as the flag is thrown, and will not change unless pit stops occur.
3.4 Cars that fail to maintain a reasonable yellow flag speed will be scored in the position in which they return to yellow flag speed at. (IE: A car spins out to cause a yellow, and returns to 70 KPH three positions lower than at the start. This car will have lost these 3 positions.)
3.5 Pace car speeds will vary, but anything above 50 MPH (80 KPH) will be considered to be “at yellow flag speed.”
3.6 If asked to close a gap, or change speed by a Realistic NASCAR Official you must do so to the best of your ability.

Section I – Pitting Under Yellow

3.1.1 In order to enter pit road you must pass the “commitment cone” at the entry of pit road on the pit road side without making contact with it.
3.1.2 Pitting while pit-road is closed will cause you to restart at tail end of the field.
3.1.3 Speeding on pit road will result in restarting at the tail end of the field in front of those mentioned in (3.1.2)
3.1.4 Cars that pit will take place in line behind those lead lap cars that did not regardless of the work done to the car.
3.1.5 The order that you exit pit road will be the order that you return to the grid in.
3.1.6 Should there be more cars on pit road than pit stalls you may pull in behind a stall and await your turn at that stall.

Section II – Restarts

3.2.1 Restarts will be single file.
3.2.2 Sections (2.1.3), (2.1.4), (2.1.5) & (2.1.8) also apply to mid-race restarts.
3.2.3 Restart order will be current running order. Cars that are laps down will start behind those that are on the lead lap. Cars that are one lap down will start in front of those which are two laps down (ect.)

Section III – Getting Laps Back

Article 1 – Free Pass

3.3.1.1 The highest running car 1 or more laps down will receive the “free pass”
3.3.1.2 The free pass car will receive a RCM instructing them to pass the field and pace car when the 1 to go signal is given (pass on right hand side of the pack). If they catch the back of the pack they are to start behind ALL cars regardless of penalties that these cars in the rear have been given.

Article 2 – Wave Around Cars

3.3.2.1 Cars between the race leader and Pace car at the time the 1 to go is given will be permitted to either drop to the rear of the pack, or to pass the pace car (when instructed) and get back on the lead lap.
3.3.2.2 The “wave around” cars will be permitted to pass the pace car on the right around one minute prior to the green flag. They will not be permitted to pass each other until the leader has taken the green flag. This is so that cars trapped by a green flag pit stop will not be penalized for a poorly timed yellow flag.

Title IV – Red Flags

4.1 Sections (3.2) and (3.3) apply
4.2 Field will be slowly brought to a stop by either the pace car or the leader, and cars are to remain in order. Engines maybe shut down, but they do not need to be.
4.3 This period will always end into a yellow flag.

Title V – Green Flag

5.1 All competitors are asked to treat other racers with respect. This is the primary rule of Green Flag racing.
5.2 Obey blue flags to the best of your ability. If you are no where close to a car which you are racing for position with you should do your best to vacate the racing line for the leaders, but if you are racing for a position you won't be expected or required to go so far until the last couple of laps of the race.
5.3 No deliberate contact. Some accidental contact will happen in stock car racing, but excessive amounts will lead to warnings and/or penalties.
5.4 If an entry is off the pace to the point that it is becoming a hazard you will be black flagged to come into the pits.
5.5 Should you be unable to compete after serving a black flag you will be asked to retire from the race.

Title VI – Penalties

6.1 Breaking of any rules can and will result in penalties.
6.2 Once penalty is given you have 3 passes of the pit lane to serve it under green.
6.3 Failure to comply with a penalty will result in a worsened penalty or disqualification.

Section I – Drive Through

6.1.1 This is a simple drive through the pit lane at pit road speed.
6.1.2 Should this penalty exist and a yellow comes out, you will be required to start tail end of the line, and the penalty will be cleared

Section II– Stop & Go

6.2.1 This is a drive through pit lane, but you must come to a complete stop in your pit stall in addition to going through pit lane.
6.2.2 Section (6.1.2) Also applies here

Section III– Black Flag

6.3.1 This is be given as an RCM to a player who is deemed to be a hazard on the track.
6.3.2 You are required to enter pit lane to make repairs to your vehicle in order to make your entry competitive.
6.3.3 Article (5.5) applies here

Section IV - Disqualification

6.4.1 You are immediately spectated and will be unable to return to the event.
6.4.2 You will be stripped of your qualifying time and laps completed in the race.

Title VII – Qualifying

7.1 Qualifying will directly determine where you start in each race
7.2 The winner of the previous round, and the top 10 entries in points will be guaranteed a starting spot should more than 30 cars attempt to qualify.
7.3 Penalties not served during qualifying will roll over to the race
7.4 Penalties of time may be imposed after qualifying

Title VIII – Misc.

8.1 Drivers names will be mandated strictly by Realistic NASCAR staff. Name will be all in white lettering, and will look as follows: 00 – J. Doe
8.2 Realistic NASCAR reserves the right to amend the rules for a series mid-season as long as it notifies its competitors before hand.
8.3 Participants who are deemed to have done acts detrimental to the competition of a Realistic NASCAR Events are subject to punishment by Realistic NASCAR in a way deemed fit by Realistic NASCAR
8.4 Realistic NASCAR reserves the right to refuse entry, and to punish entries for breaking any of these rules listed above.

List of Entries (5 / 30 for full field)
2 - Nikifor Dakovic (N I K I) - My3id Gaming - Bosnia
33 - Valtteri Pitkänen (Emyn) - Drunkteam [DRUNK] - Finland
50 - Teppo Rinne (teppo.jr) - Rockstar Racing Team Finland - Finland
55 - Thilo Falkenberg (TFalke55) - New Dimension Racing - Germany
96 - Rony Kronpuss (Eclipsed) - TheReality Racing Team - Latvia
2 n i k i
96 / Eclipsed
#4 - Emyn
33 Emyn
55 - Thilo Falkenberg (TFalke55) - New Dimension Racing - Germany
I'll get confirmations out as soon as I get back from Kentucky Motorspeedway on Monday guys .
I want to ask one question - why there is such big variation of race distance between rounds? Ok,half are around 1h30min,but other half variates from 25 minutes (round 9) or 50 minutes (round 1) race, till 2h30 (round 10). I understand why oval is somewhat longer,don't have too much against that one...
50 - Teppo Rinne (teppo.jr) - Rockstar Racing Team Finland - Finland
Quote from Eclipsed :I want to ask one question - why there is such big variation of race distance between rounds? Ok,half are around 1h30min,but other half variates from 25 minutes (round 9) or 50 minutes (round 1) race, till 2h30 (round 10). I understand why oval is somewhat longer,don't have too much against that one...

Round 9 was a typo.. it's suppsoed to be SO4 not 3

I wanted to put a little bit of variation between the races just for a little bit of a change The final round I wanted to be longer just to highlight a little bit more endurance in the championship and to make it a little bit of a wild card race compaired to the others
And another thing I just noticed:
Quote from Cornys :List of Entries (3 / 30 for full field)
96 - Rony Kronpuss (Eclipsed) - TheReality Racing Team - Latvia

My last name is Kronpušs - it makes quite a difference that one little thing on first s (pronounced as "sh")! :P And I don't really mind that you shortened my first name to Rony!
Quote from Eclipsed :And another thing I just noticed:

My last name is Kronpušs - it makes quite a difference that one little thing on first s (pronounced as "sh")! :P And I don't really mind that you shortened my first name to Rony!

Same thing for you as with Niki... LFS world screws up your accents so I just left them off... Once that is fixed on LFS world I'll get around to correcting things like that

Everybody knows who Rony is
Server location will not be Realistic NASCAR 500. That information will be passed along as soon as it is decided upon Don't worry, there will be a server
bumb up
Likely I'm going to have to call this off :/ I'm sorry. This isn't official, so, if you would like to see this ran, please sign up.
#15 - ennD
88 ennD
I'm sorry, this this series has been terminated. Lack of interest due to a competing series. We'll be running an LX series instead hoping to provide a more unique LFS racing experiance. Information on this series will be up and sign-ups will be open as soon as all of the details are sorted out internaly.

All Drivers entered into the Realistic NASCAR Database will be PM'ed when the sign-ups for this series are opened, and numbers registered for The World TBO Championship Series will be reserved for 1 week following the opening of sign-ups for our to be named LX series. If you have reserved a number here this will also apply.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG