The online racing simulator
Noob Skinning Question
Hey guys,

I have a question for the master minds of skinner's on LFS.

I'm about to create a skin for the MRT, and was rather inspired by this simple skin I found in the finished MRT Skin's thread:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1116/cmx00000069.jpg

My question is, though I have the feeling it's an obvious one, but not sure how best to ask, but how has this guy managed to get the mountain dew logo onto both the top layer of the skin and seemingly merged it perfectly with both side Layers?

I'm assuming most people are familiar with Master Skin's skinning templates, I'm not exactly sure if anyone's gonna understand what I'm on about.... hopefully someone does....

Thanks
I think this was done by 5tag, iirc. He can tell you exactly.

The masterskinnerz kits have the wireframe, which makes it easier to find areas the put graphics/decals/logos on. And that's indeed obviously what he has done. There's not much secret about it, except for the stretching that happens to the skinfile when they're placed ingame/viewer on the actual model.
The MRT though, doesn't have any stretching (except for bend areas; like the top layer edge), because the whole car is short enough the have it in original length on the skinfile.

There is however a method of 3D skinning. Search for it... there are 1 or 2 topics in theis forum and I think you need PS CS4 at least for it.

Edit: here's the 3D skinning tut
I did find this thread further down:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=68963

It pretty much asks the same question I'm asking only this guy's able to use better words to describe it than I have .

Anyhow now I've figured it out on the CMX viewer the logo I'm doing looks perfectly aligned from some angles but from other angles it doesn't quite look right, I'm guessing this is where this stretching thingy comes in, I'll post a couple of pics later this evening in Aussie time showing how I'm going.

I did find that 3D skinning section too, only problem with that is there aern't any 3D Skinning templates for the MRT
There is also something else you may be interested in, which I've only seen 1 or two times and I'm not sure if those were fake pictures of not, but that somebody (using CS5 photoshop I presume) has made a 3d model, and slowly layered it on and taught PS where to put it...smart eh :3

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG