The online racing simulator
Is there any way to stop collisions tearing my DFGT to pieces.
I got it set up in the wingman profile the way thats recommended and only use 20% force but collisions are gonna tear the teeth off the cogs before too long and it makes a terrific row.

Any way to fix this?
when in a race press < to decrease the ffb and > to increase it.
When it is down to 0% there is NO FFB. hope this helps .
Thats what I have to do in online races but losing the feedback makes me slower in the race because of over compensation when turning.

In F1 2010 there is 3 feedback sliders, one is called environmental effects and if you set it to 0 there is no god almighty rattle when you hit something but you retain the feedback.

With collisions being a major part of online play because a lot of people seem to think this game is demolition derby time you would think there would be an option like in F1 2010.
A better option will be to find a proper race server then.
There are 500 servers and no indication of good or bad, and even on the good ones there is bound to be collisions from time to time.

I'll go though to configs and look for a solution, I might get lucky and be able to play this game a night without waking everyone up.
Only 2 setting for force feedback in the config.

FF Step Num 256
FF Strength 20.00

Step num values range from 64 to 256, default is 256 and setting it lower seems to make to problem worse whatever that value represents.
For gods sake just release the source code and I'll fix it along with all the other bugs they can't be bothered with.

Do they have meetings and discuss the best ways of pissing their customers off, bloody well seems like it to me.
cus·tom·er Noun /ˈkəstəmər/
A person or organization that buys goods or services from a store or other business.

buy Verb /bī/
Obtain in exchange for payment

The clue is in the definition of the words. Until it says something other than "Demo Racer" under your name and you have bought either S1 or S2 then you ARE NOT A CUSTOMER.

Quote from Hamst0r :just release the source code and I'll fix it along with all the other bugs they can't be bothered with.

Are you on medication? On what planet would someone release source code for a piece of software to a customer let alone someone like you who just whines and bitches about a product they haven't even bought.
#9 - kaynd
The wheel mechanism is way stronger than you think... it isn't going to fail anytime soon. Especially if you are not using anything close to maximum % of feedback forces. Stop worrying too much about your wheel and enjoy racing. Crashes are supposed to shake your wheel.
Just FYI, I've had my DFP for some 5 or 6 years and I've been using it a lot. I,ve had FFB set to 100 % in LFS, drivers and other games I played. The wheel is still good as new, there's no sign of worn teeth or anything. Every FFB device has a max force it can generate so unless Logitech's done some pretty bad job with the DFGT, you shouldn't have any reasons to worry.
Trust me A DFGT is very different From a DFP.
@ganders, I have S2, don't you remember being part of the witch hunt sniping team that banned my old forum account for remarks made by someone else, do you go around looking for people to put down so often that you've already forgot?

I would like to see someone using a 100% force on a DFGT for 20 laps, thats would be interesting.

Its the sudden shock that can shear the plastic cogs on the DFGT, it has a very powerful motor and after time it will happen when playing games that have not properly regulated the power for the wheel feedback.

@beano, thats the setup I have, it does take the edge off but its still a problem.
Quote from Hamst0r :
Its the sudden shock that can shear the plastic cogs on the DFGT, it has a very powerful motor and after time it will happen when playing games that have not been set up properly for the wheel.

I'm sorry, but I can't see any conceivable way how this could be a LFS' fault. LFS tells DFGT's drivers what FFB effect to play, the drivers rely the message to the wheel and the FFB motors generate the force. If for some reason DFGT's FFB servos generate higher force than the gearing can handle, it's Logitech who you should take it up with. Either the hardware or the drivers should keep the FFB force within limits, LFS can't possibly know these limits for every piece of HW out there.
Codemasters are a fairly crap games company and they knew, in F1 2010 you can turn the effect off completely.

This is the best selling wheel by quite a stretch, so fully supporting it would be beneficial to the customer base.
Unlike F1 2010 LFS doesn't have any kind of canned FFB. The physics engine knows the exact force that's affecting the front wheels and thus the steering column. This force is then used to generate FFB effects, that's why LFS feels so "alive". Having this in mind I'm sure you can see there's no way how LFS could filter for instance collisions with other cars. Whatever you feel is wrong, it's really the problem of the wheel.
The only thing I can suggest is try to fiddle around with settings in the Logitech profiler/driver.
F1 2010 FFB is a much smoother gradual feel and there is no FFB dead zone in the middle like in LFS, overall the FFB is LFS feels either dead or full on plus the wheel at speed does not center itself but goes continually side to side on its own if steer slightly and let go.

I've driven vans, boats, cars, motorbikes and 125cc go karts round a track, I know nothing about physics engines but I do know a lot of the LFS cars are way out, some are ok, but none of them feel real, the XR GT handles worse than a transit van I kid you not.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG