The online racing simulator
Could this be a clue??? [V1 - not LFS]
I have just been looking over some old news articles on LFS and decided to have another look at the Rockingham announcement.
I forgot that one of the reasons behind permission to use Rockingham in S3 was because of the V1 Championship

Now I hadn't looked at the V1 Championship site for a while so followed the link and was surprised to see that they are launching a similar thing for touring cars, more specifically the Renault Clio Cup. The specs of the upcoming touring cars demo software is the same as for the FBM demo software which was a bespoke version of LFS wasn't it?

I assume Scawen and probably Eric and Victor have been working on this for V1, I wonder if that means that S3 could feature the Clio.

Just thought I'd share this find

G
Think the V1 Championship is making it's own sim now. Pretty sure there was a thread about it a while back.
As a Clio nut. i would love to see that in lfs. but i cant see it happening

PS: Just signed up, verified my email, Booom login failed password is incorrect... erm no.
Quote from LineR32 :Think the V1 Championship is making it's own sim now. Pretty sure there was a thread about it a while back.

Ah bugger, thought that it was a sign of what Scavier have been working on amongst other things. Wishful thinking.
well i just installed their sim and after 15 seconds ive come straight off. my pc can handle lfs with high ish settings at around 60 fps. this on the lowest settings was no where near 15fps... Good luck on getting people with low budgets to enter.
Well,checked website and found this:
Quote :Recommended minimum computer specifications for participation:

Operating System: Windows XP (SP3) / Vista (SP2) / Windows 7
CPU: Dual Core CPU
RAM: 2GB
Hard Drive: At least 1GB free space
Graphics Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible with 256MB ram (ATI Radeon 1800XL, NVidia GeForce 7800GTX or better)
Input Device: A DirectX-compatible steering wheel
Connectivity: An internet connection is required to participate in V1 Championship

Doesn't seem very high requirements,but still quite high for low budget PCs...
Quote from Eclipsed :Well,checked website and found this:

Doesn't seem very high requirements,but still quite high for low budget PCs...

Recommended minimum computer specifications for participation:

Operating System: Windows XP (SP3) / Vista (SP2) / Windows 7CPU: Dual Core CPU Not sure on this oneRAM: 2GB 3GB
Hard Drive: At least 1GB free space 200+Graphics Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible with 256MB ram (ATI Radeon 1800XL, NVidia GeForce 7800GTX or better) Nvidia Gforce 8200m
Input Device: A DirectX-compatible steering wheel g25
Connectivity: An internet connection is required to participate in V1 Championship yes i have internet :L

Marked out what i know i have, seemes abit strange that it fails to play even at a low ish level.
Quote from jwardy :Graphics Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible with 256MB ram (ATI Radeon 1800XL, NVidia GeForce 7800GTX or better) Nvidia Gforce 8200m

Well, there's your problem.
8200M is 10 times slower than 7800GTX (if not more).
Quote from E.Reiljans :Well, there's your problem.
8200M is 10 times slower than 7800GTX (if not more).

Could be. Its only a laptop :P il have a go on my dads computer. hes got some stupidly high end gfx card he doesnt need :P
Edit:
Nvm.
#12 - SamH
Quick note, guys.. pre-registration for the Renault Clio Cup is a different registration from V1 Championship registration so if you pre-register, your Clio login won't work on the V1 Championship login page.

Once the Renault Clio Cup site is complete (it's in development at the moment), your pre-registration login details will work on that site.

Sorry for any confusion.. we wanted people to be able to securely register their interest this weekend (BTCC at Rockingham) but our SSL for the Clio Cup site didn't arrive in time, so we moved the registration process to the main V1 Championship site.

Could this be a clue??? [V1 - not LFS]
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG