The online racing simulator
0.6B Game menu GPU switches 2D-low3D-high3D clocks and crashes
I have AMD 6950 crossfire setup and I have tried without crossfire. Problem still exists.
I am getting sudden display driver crashes in the game menu, especially in the garage when I'm trying to set up the car.
I'm running win7 catalyst 11.8.

I traced the problem with GPU-Z and saw that the GPU was constantly switching operating mode between 2D to low power 3D to high power 3D clocks. I assume that this must be the reason for the crashes as it also switches the GPU voltages. It seems to switch the mode in random with 1-3 second interval.

To avoid the crashes it seemed to help to run furmark in the background while setting up the car so the GPU stays in high power 3D clocks and voltages.
This sounds like something you should report to AMD, I'm not sure what LFS could do about that.
>AMD GPU
>I have problems

Thanks captain obvious
Latest catalyst drivers aren't always the best. Consider driver downgrading.
My 4870 had this problem too, it has to do with the firmware/bios of the gfxcard. Cause I flashed/updated mine and it worked great after that.

I suppose it's the Sapphire ATI card?

There was another way to fix it. Create a profile and edit the xml file to your 3d gpu clock, always use the profile and it will never switch back to 2d mode. Less efficient but it does work

"C:\Users\Your Windows ID\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Your CCC Profile.XML"
Quote from Takumi_lfs :There was another way to fix it. Create a profile and edit the xml file to your 3d gpu clock, always use the profile and it will never switch back to 2d mode. Less efficient but it does work

Isn't the easier way to simply open the catalyst, then go to performance, Overdrive and then adjust the clocks to max (without overclocking) and keep it that way?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG