The online racing simulator
Should I rent a server
(5 posts, started )
Should I rent a server
You think I should rent a server?

£4.80 a month for 16 slots, that is cheap.

£9.60 a month for 32 - 47 slots, is that 32 on the track and the rest can spectate?

Surely there can't be 47 on the track, that nuts.

EDIT: [FBM]Blackwood, no mods or admin, 32/47 slots, only £8/month, come pay me a visit :P
Correct sir. 32 drivers max, the rest spectators.
I am not into server hiring and such, so I have no idea what a good price is
Quote from The Very End :Correct sir. 32 drivers max, the rest spectators.
I am not into server hiring and such, so I have no idea what a good price is

Its pretty good, but the default config wouldn't boot and the config file had no comments for help with the settings, not good for beginners, lucky for me I've set loads up before on other games.

Disabled /insim and /admin so the server can't be influenced and thus fair and is probably the only one deliberately set up that way, I have no need to waste my life making up rules and then enforcing them.

There is no need for banning either, if you treat people with respect and give them freedom they mostly return the favor by populating your server, trying to force people into following stupid rules and cheating them will result in resentful behavior which will create lamers, and lamers love to get a kick out of breaking rules.
I like your strategy - where people should follow rules because they are the rules, and not the endless banfests where you get shouted at for not following them. The problem however, is that people just does not act mature on the internet / in a game. If people have acted anything close to what they did in real life, it seldom would be nessesary for kick or bans, but people change when coming on a computer. Even the most lovely lad can turn into a raging shitstorm making everything around him shit.

I wish you the best of luck, and I do hope it works out. Maybe we could regain some beliving in the community again, but sadly too many times it has been needed with banfests to keep the servers clean
#5 - g7usl
'500 Servers' will look after you. I must say that all-in-all, they are not bad.
Franky, does his best to maintain them and is a true gentleman for support issues.

Should I rent a server
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG