Do you believe the life outside of earth?
(83 posts, started )

Poll : Do you believe the life outside of our planet?

Yes! Definetily
I have no idea
Yes! But only like bacteria
No! Definetily No!
Unlikely
I hope the question is right. Please vote and explain why you believe or don't believe

I just got this question on my mind and I thought this thread would be good in this community, to bring up the minds on

(sorry if this thread is here already but did not found. Maybe wrong words used lol)

I believe that there is, but we can't meet the otherworld in billion years, until something unbelieveable happens
Yes, of course there is. you cant tell me that in this ENTIRE Galaxy and the ones around us, that there isnt, anything else but us.
Yes - to quote Monty Python, "Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth."
Was expecting this thread to be by atomant..
Quote :The most current estimates guess that there are 100 to 200 billion galaxies in the Universe, each of which has hundreds of billions of stars.

No doubt what so ever. I'd like to see someone come up with a plausible argument against.
Of course there is life out there. I dunno if they're green aliens, if they trave laround in UFOS or if they have humans for breakfast, but there's definitely more life in the universe, even if it's just a small bactery.
lerts could give you a lot of information about this though, but we haven't seen him in a while.
Given the incomprehesible vastness of the universe, then I am certain that life, even intelligent life, has evolved somwhere other than here.

Whether it's capable of visiting us? No.
#8 - 5haz
There is intelligent life outside of Earth, on board the ISS.
#9 - G!NhO
Yes there is............ This forum.
Offcourse i do.. Recently i watched an interesting documentary on History explaining how we might not be alone but also that there might not be a million other civilizations, cause Earth has plenty of things going for it, lucky things necessary for life. You need Jupiter like planet to protect you from asteroids and comets etc, you need perfect distance from the Sun, i forgot other things but there are like more then 10 things needed to work together in order to have life.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Offcourse i do.. Recently i watched an interesting documentary on History explaining how we might not be alone but also that there might not be a million other civilizations, cause Earth has plenty of things going for it, lucky things necessary for life. You need Jupiter like planet to protect you from asteroids and comets etc, you need perfect distance from the Sun, i forgot other things but there are like more then 10 things needed to work together in order to have life.

you forget one thing! this things are true but these things only need for us, it doesn't mean that you need all of them to have life on a planet
Sure, you don't need all of that probably for some microscopic bacteria life, but i'm not counting that
Probably. I don't know what kind of life, but there must be something.
#15 - msk
Sure, there are 6 people on ISS right now.
Meh, the black hole will just stumble upon earth in 2012 and then we're gonna end up in the second dimension. Then we're able to talk with our clones etc.
Quote from hazaky :Meh, the black hole will just stumble upon earth in 2012 and then we're gonna end up in the second dimension. Then we're able to talk with our clones etc.

Quote from Crashgate3 :There are an estimated 50 billion planets in our galaxy, and an estimated 500 billion galaxies in the universe, which means there are an estimated 2.5x10^28 planets in the universe.

Even if the chances of it happening are 1 in a trillion, at those odds it will have happened on 1000 trillion planets.

It's much more unlikely. But humans knowledge is so small, everything might be possible.
Quote from hazaky :Meh, the black hole will just stumble upon earth in 2012 and then we're gonna end up in the second dimension. Then we're able to talk with our clones etc.

You mean everything will be flat and lack volume? weird.
I always used to think that somehow those other galaxies are just the future / past of ours. Like, if you went there, you would find earth 1 million years into the future, or 1 million years in the past.

Then I realised that it sounds stupid.

But yes, I do believe there is someone else out there.
I just read an article and this is how it was put:

Quote :During any 100,000 period in our galaxy's history, around 127 detectable civilisations will crop up," Mr da Silva says.

"It may not sound too bad but it actually makes the odds of us tracking and finding one of them really, really hard, especially within a few hundred years of looking. The chances are actually minimal at best."

Basically, in the past 100,000 years for our galaxy (we've been around in this form of evolution for about 6000 years by most accounts), there have been 127 civilizations.

In order to reach other civilizations, it's really only been possible to even consider that option in the past 100 years or so. That means it took 6000 years to reach a level where we could have the technology to start trying to contact other forms of intelligent life.

Here's another interesting fact:
Quote :in our galaxy, with its 100 billion or so stars, only 1 in 10 million stars will have a detectable civilization.

So, we would have to go and look at around 10 millions stars just in our galaxy to even have a fair chance at finding another civilization (The closest star to our galaxy is 4.27 light years away or 25100000000000 miles aka 2.51x10^13 miles). I don't see any way of the human race contacting intelligent life during our lifetimes or ever. If it would took 4.27 years to reach the closest star (assuming that nothing can travel faster than light), I can't even imagine how long it would take to reach 10 million stars. Unless an alien race has managed to find a way to travel large distances in the galaxy without much time, then the chances of any other civilization finding us is also very slim.

However, just in case something happens, make sure to read this so you have all the information needed to properly deal with the situation: http://www.helloliefje.com/wp- ... s/first-contact-alien.png

Reference for the quotes above: http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/ ... our-galaxy-incredibly-low
Any human being with any grasp on the size of the universe would be very simple minded to believe there is no life outside of earth.
Quote from MAGGOT :You mean everything will be flat and lack volume? weird.

I dont know, is that how u imaginate the second dimension to be?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Sure, you don't need all of that probably for some microscopic bacteria life, but i'm not counting that

Its call evolution brah

willing to be there some sort of crazy mutant things that live on a planet not too far from the sun that have adapted to the heat.

(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG