The online racing simulator
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is what we praise here
Aight. So I clocked 25 h on my first playthrough and boy it was one helluva good, tight gaming experience. Reminded me of the good times of gaming in the 90's and early 00's when man could just claim land, wash gold, shoot bears, drink, hit the brothel and wake up in a ditch happily with missing teeth.

I skipped a ton of side quests and different plot options so definitely has two or three playthroughs in it.

So far the definite top 5 of 2011 looks to be DX: HR, Witcher 2, DCS: A-10, Limbo and TF2 hats.
It's pretty good, though it has some rough edges.

(****ing boss fights in a stealth FPS in 2011???)

I'm about halfway through Hong Kong right now and loving it in general, though I did almost quit after Barrett killed me for the 80th time in a row.
I am all done with my first play through. Amazing. Well done Eidos Montreal, well done.

Up next - Maniac play through. Kill ALL the things.
The game is really good if played in Deus Ex mode.
It reminded me of the great Vampire the mascarade Bloodline.
I've been watching some lets plays on youtube and it sure looks tempting and it seems to have a very nice scifi feel to it.

How smooth does it run on a ati 4870/E8500?
Quote from Hyperactive :I've been watching some lets plays on youtube and it sure looks tempting and it seems to have a very nice scifi feel to it.

How smooth does it run on a ati 4870/E8500?

It does have a very solid near-future experience.

The PC port is great so I'd guess DX: HR runs well on lower end hardware too. The textures and some of the models are a bit low on detail but can't really complain.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :It's pretty good, though it has some rough edges.

I'm about halfway through Hong Kong right now and loving it in general, though I did almost quit after Barrett killed me for the 80th time in a row.

Strangely I had very little trouble with the boss fights. Spam EMP and concussion grenades and shoot for the head. I don't think Barret took more then couple of snipers rounds to the ol' armor plated coconut of his before going down.
Quote from spankmeyer :It does have a very solid near-future experience.

The PC port is great so I'd guess DX: HR runs well on lower end hardware too. The textures and some of the models are a bit low on detail but can't really complain.

Strangely I had very little trouble with the boss fights. Spam EMP and concussion grenades and shoot for the head. I don't think Barret took more then couple of snipers rounds to the ol' armor plated coconut of his before going down.

I had one EMP and two rockets and I died repeatedly until I realized I could throw exploding barrels at him.

But my beef is more with the idea that in a game that otherwise gives me the choice to use stealth to defeat my enemies I'm given no choice but to brawl with a ridiculously overpowered superhuman to pass a level. (Seriously, one rocket takes out a ****ing tank, but two rockets to Barrett's face doesn't kill him?)
Still working my way through this but I am loving it. I haven't killed anyone yet in the game, not sure how you can take down the 'bosses' without killing them, guess I will find out when I get there. Deus Ex is the first game in a while which I am annoyed about going to work because I want to play some more.
You have to kill the bosses but it won't affect your stealth achievement. That is what i have read.

Looked at some gameplay on youtube and it does not look all that exciting. Nothing will beat the original Deus Ex.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :It's pretty good, though it has some rough edges.

It's certain a game that gives you a "blast from the past" feeling, although, like you I felt the inclusion of "bosses" was very, very strange, Barrett wasn't too difficult to beat, but it was a very odd change of pace for the game.

I've put quite a few hours in so far, and I don't reckon I am even half way through, but enjoying it alot so far.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is what we praise here
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG