The online racing simulator
Onboard videos site
(53 posts, started )
Can we have own category for nordschleife?
hehe

for each main category, I can create sub-categories
The question is whether to create subcategories for the name of the route, a car or driver?

greet
I tried to register yestreday but I have not got the email to activate my account? I went through some of my 500 youtube favourites and I have a nice list I want to shoot in your general direction
Quote from Hyperactive :I tried to register yestreday but I have not got the email to activate my account? I went through some of my 500 youtube favourites and I have a nice list I want to shoot in your general direction

Even if you are not log-in, u can submit videos.

anyway i "turn off" email confirmation .

Cheers.
Quote from PartyBoyU :Even if you are not log-in, u can submit videos.

anyway i "turn off" email confirmation .

Cheers.

It still says "Your account is inactivate." when trying to log in. My username is Hyper
Quote from Hyperactive :It still says "Your account is inactivate." when trying to log in. My username is Hyper

Now you should be active.

"Work is underway on a server.
Please be patient in order to fully benefit from the service."
I uploaded some videos in your general direction

E: what about Stock cars category for the muricans?

Also some kind of explained list about which kind of cars go into which category. Like that opel ascona 400 vid. Shouldn't it be touring and not gt nor endurance?

Also another new category might be club racing. Like that caterham locost racing vid I uploaded. It's not really gt or touring.

Also the endurance is kind of odd category. What about having GT and prototypes as separate categories and not having endurance category at all because GT cars do endurance racing?
I have a big problem with the categories. If anyone of you knows this better I will be grateful for the little description on each category.

And whether the category "Oval" is not the same as "Stock cars"?

Like I say I have trouble with this dispute.

ps. how about layout?
Here is how one idea how to do the categories:

GT & prototypes
- modern after '95 gt and racing prototypes racing, practise and lone laps
- includes cars like these (not limited to): fia gt, superGT, lemans cars, alms, dtm, GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4
- I did put modern after '97 dtm in this category becuase to me they are more like gt cars than touring cars. And supergt is there too.

Single Seaters
- self explanatory imho. Formula cars.
- cars like caterhams, ariel atoms and whalen modifieds do not belong in this category though

Rally
- includes rally, safari, rallycross and rally sprints and sometimes hillclimbs
- also sand buggies, baja trucks
- tarmac, snow and gravel
- all eras
- no dirt oval racing nor monster trucks

Touring
- btcc, wtcc, super2000, stcc, dtm pre '97, v8 supercars

Stock cars
- sprint cup, nationwide, trucks, late models, whalens, modifieds
- also include, short ovals
- both oval and road races

Motorbikes
- motogp, wsbk, motocross, enduro
- no bike drag racing

Drift
- self explanatory

Vintage
- classic footage of vintage cars. 80s and pre 80s cars
- imsa racing, trans-am, intereserie, sportscars
- also the vintage cars racing today

Club racing
- all other racing cars that do not belong in other groups like locosts, beetles, normal cars, supercars, tuned cars
- also trackday vids

School & educational
- instructional videos about driving techniques
- videos showing the driver inputs in detail

Others
- dragracing, dirt ovals, rc onboards, boat racing, tractor racing, truck racing

Some cars are pretty hard to put in certain category without it being a bit confusing to the user. Like dtm and v8 supercars. But imho it is more important that the videos are categorized well instead of the uploading being easy. Oval is not imho a good category because where do you put nascar onboards from road courses then?

Also it would be nice if there was a tag cloud where you could pick more precise identifying tags to provide some additional info and also to make it easier to find more similar vids. Tags like porsche, ferrari, le mans, nordschleife, time trials, crash, close racing, spin, great sound, hd, snow, gravel and so forth. But instead of just writing them like in youtube you could add them yourself and just offer the user to tick them on during upload with checkboxes.

You could also write some kind of short description as what are the requirements for a vid to be approved on your site. I sent about 30 vids and I only see couple of those being approved
thanks

As soon as we arrange the affairs of the categories, just as I take the acceptance of films, and probably all your items are on page

(google translator)
or create categories only as a model of cars, for example:
audi/mustang/mitsubishi/toyota/f1/f3/toyota

and so on ...

so it would be much easier
Quote from PartyBoyU :or create categories only as a model of cars, for example:
audi/mustang/mitsubishi/toyota/f1/f3/toyota

and so on ...

so it would be much easier

Noo!

One option would be to just ditch the categories altogether and just tag the videos. Then the user could just turn on the tags and filter out the videos matching those tags. Like turning on tags porsche, norschsleife and rain would just show all those videos that are tagged with those tags.

Then just make the categories of the top 5 most common tags.

Here's a simple category listing though:

Race cars
Single Seaters
Rally
Motorbikes
Others

You might want to make that tag thing too before accepting any vids. If you want to add that tag thing though
ok, I take to work, for now you can put movies into existing categories

cheers
And now we have main categorys:

-example1

Single Seaters | Rally | GT | Touring | Endurance | Oval | Motorbikes | Drift | Classic | Track Days | School | Others

-example 2

GT & prototypes | Single Seaters | Rally | Touring | Stock cars | Motorbikes | Drift | Vintage | Club racing | School & educational | Others

pls vote what example is better.

And tags: (every TAG will act as separate subcategories, each film can be added to all the TAGS of course)

I need tags and categorys tags :)
Of course, later i can add new tags, all tags will be visible on the page in the header just under the main categories.

Example 2 of course
ok, now i needs only tags for each of the categories
good, now look like the subcategories (tags) present, what to change?

(main categorys are not changed yet and movies not tagged)
ok party is complete
Nice! I like the new theme. Categories are good too.
You still updating the site?
I am now on "business" trip, I'll be back in a week, after return i will updates
del
del
del
del

Onboard videos site
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG