The online racing simulator
i5 graphics card anti-aliasing black screen
Hello everyone
i just bought a new laptop with i5 2410m cpu and core integrated graphics card.but every time i set the anti aliasing to 2x or 4x,the screen goes black.and i have to kill the session and delete the cfg files to be able to run the lfs again. could anyone here help me please....

thanks
have you installed the drivers for it?
Quote from eddy678 :have you installed the drivers for it?

yes, of course. i just updated the driver, but nothing changed...
try to change AA when you're in windowed mode.
Quote from vistaman :try to change AA when you're in windowed mode.

i just tried, but still, nothing changed...
right, i finally got a make-shift solution to this problem.

after the program goes black screen, restart the game and try to start a race(single race or whatever) by clicking on the blackscreen. and after the race started, everything will be fine... lfs runs smoothly with antialiasing...
but it seems that if you change again the AA settings, it goes black screen again. or, if you restart the program, you have to go all over again...

but anyway, i could play for a while.....
You have a pretty powerful processor yet you're using it's integrated GPU? Surely your laptop comes with a dedicated card right?
Did you set on the CCC "AA aplication controled"?
Quote from hiroshima guy :You have a pretty powerful processor yet you're using it's integrated GPU? Surely your laptop comes with a dedicated card right?

yes i5 integrated hd3000
Quote from Inouva :Did you set on the CCC "AA aplication controled"?

i'm afraid that it's an intel integrated gpu... and i believe CCC is for ati cards only...
And HD3200 have to have a CCC, if not, there must be a "Control" panel for the video car ( Even if integrated ) that allow you to set up all that

You can try and test, Ati Tray tool ( Best Ati application to control the VC ) and look there if it works
Quote from Inouva :And HD3200 have to have a CCC, if not, there must be a "Control" panel for the video car ( Even if integrated ) that allow you to set up all that

You can try and test, Ati Tray tool ( Best Ati application to control the VC ) and look there if it works

thanks a lot.
i'll try it in a moment. but there's no AA option in the intel graphics control panel, and as far as i know, intel hd graphics 3000 works perfectly with many games with AA.
It could be a bug in the driver that only appears when you run a DirectX 8 game.
I found a Review of your Vc, also i'be found that the VC have AA and AF, so try ATT and look if you can set AA to aplicattion controled on the D3D menu

The HD3200 have the same performance as a hd2400 or close to it
The Black Screen AA bug is a known issue that seems to happen on more then just Intel IGPs. I have the same problem with my i3-2100T using a HD 1000. Not sure if the bug lays with LFS or with Intel Drivers, but I've heard this problem also be reported on some nVidia chips as well. I'm about to get an AMD 6950 and I'll let you know if the AA problems happen on AMD GPUs.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG