The online racing simulator
XRT Race Setup Help
(10 posts, started )
XRT Race Setup Help
I'm trying to tweak the stock hard track setup a little so it's better for tighter tracks (LTC tracks pretty much). One problem I have is understeer. The thing I think can help though (which I caught myself doing) is not breaking while still turning, but even after that it still doesn't want to turn all that sharp without using the e-brake.

Right now the setup is the stock hard track with gearing changes and I changed the clutch pack to power/coast 55%/40%, preload is the same at 70Nm.

I'm used to dirt bikes so I don't know much about tweaking suspension for cars, or how it affects handling/steering. It's probably the car's characteristics but I can't get it to seem "planted" and turn without much understeer. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys .
what is the brake bias set to? i think race_s' bias is 74%, i'd try backing it off to 70% to put less braking force on the front wheels.
Tried it there and it seems a little better. The more I was thinking about it, I'm wondering if it's because I'm using a controller and not a wheel. Since my steering is on an analog stick it's really easy to go from straight wheel to fully locked to one side, I must be turning the wheels so fast they can't grip. I'm planning on getting a wheel pretty soon, once I get it I'll see if I'm still having problems. Thanks for your help .
Post a single player replay (.spr), it's much more useful to see what's going on than for you to describe it for us.
Most of the trouble is low speed tight corners (like second gear tight 90-180's), which are hard to really find on the stock tracks. I normally play on the live to cruise servers, the guard rails they have to split left and right lanes is what make is tighter, those corners are the ones I have problems with.

I changed it up some more, but now it almost feels too loose and the back end always wants to drift out if I'm hard on the brakes.

Now I'm feeling like it's too hard to really test any setup while using a controller, it's hard to be consistent and you can't be very accurate with steering. Once I get a wheel I'll try to tweak it some more.
#6 - Sobis
Hello,

try using this setup. I know it is just a BL1 sprint setup, but it's quite good for other (not all) tracks too, so I use it for most of the tracks in LFS and I really like it.
Thanks, I'll have to try that.

Well I got my G27, I'm SO much worse with it than my controller it's not even funny. One major thing I'm having problems with is spinning out, if I get even a little sideways I start swapping and spin out. There's nothing I can do to save it, what do you have to do to save it? I'm not even trying to drift, it just happens when going around corners. I turned the FF down to 30's in the profile setup and around 55 in-game, otherwise it was too much and I could barely control the wheel.
Quote from yzmxer608 :One major thing I'm having problems with is spinning out, if I get even a little sideways I start swapping and spin out. There's nothing I can do to save it, what do you have to do to save it? I'm not even trying to drift, it just happens when going around corners. I turned the FF down to 30's in the profile setup and around 55 in-game, otherwise it was too much and I could barely control the wheel.

It's not as fast, but lower the air pressure in the rear tires, and lower the rear spring rate. It'll hook up the rear end more, but it will hurt your lap times, but at least you're not spinning out
Quote from yzmxer608 :Thanks, I'll have to try that.

Well I got my G27, I'm SO much worse with it than my controller it's not even funny. One major thing I'm having problems with is spinning out, if I get even a little sideways I start swapping and spin out. There's nothing I can do to save it, what do you have to do to save it? I'm not even trying to drift, it just happens when going around corners. I turned the FF down to 30's in the profile setup and around 55 in-game, otherwise it was too much and I could barely control the wheel.

are you maybe turning too hard or using too much gas?
I probably am, I just can't get it back straight once it's drifting out. I'm trying to practice drifting more so I can control the car better in those situations. I just can't get the car to go back straight once it's drifted out, it always goes too far and drifts the other way.

XRT Race Setup Help
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG