The online racing simulator
lap top number pad problem
(4 posts, started )
my g/f's laptop number pad is turned on and she can't turn it off.

she has a toshiba laptop. it uses a "fn" key to activate special things like the number pad but she can't seem to turn the number pad off, so she's unable to type the letters u,i,o,j,k,l, etc....

can someone tell me/us/her how to turn it off please? i'm not with her but i've given her a link to this forum so she can read the answer.

thanks,

Steve
I'de say kick it, ..Perhaps the key is stuck? GENTLY try and pry it up a little bit, because that may be the problem...Otherwise maybe a simple shutdown, wait 30 seconds, and turn the computer back on would definately do the trick

And if not, then sorry, I can't help you =/
I have no idea how that Toshiba keyboard looks like, but sometimes the Num key has to be activated with the Fn key, too.

So, look for the Num key on the keyboard and try pressing it. If that doesn't change anything, press Fn + Num.
I have a laptop that would just use that keypad with the FN key, but this sounds like a setting that would be set in the bios.

Because with my laptop, I can choose to have the Numpad function regardless of the FN key, or can disable it all together. Just check your bios for a setting. If you cannot find out how-to disable it, call Toshiba or whoever.

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG