The online racing simulator
#1 - Jasma
[HELP] Front right lock up with my set @A23...
Hi, I'm a complete newbie in setting up my own car. And i'm now working on a set for A23, i think i have found the general balance for the car, and i'm lapping around 1:31:15 with it, fastest sector time was 57:56. As the track goes, IMO it's mostly about tackling several mid-high speed left bends.

But as i brake and turn in for these left benders, the front right locks up and flat spotted as it gets unloaded while the weight transferred to front left.

My set has a neutral to light-understeer behaviour. I've tried shifting the brake balance towards the rear slightly, reduced camber on the right, loosen up the dampers slightly. But the front right is still locking up...it's not a huge lock up that affects the braking distance, but it can get over 124 degrees in two laps...

Can someone shed some light on me pls???

sorry, i should have added - it's an FZ2 that i'm working on
Reduce your brake power until you stop locking?
Is there any specific corners that the right locks up?

If you take a look at the AS23 map:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17343551/NewTrackLayouts/A23.png

For instance, in the turn at the lowest left, I often flatspot my front right tyre. But it can to some degree be saved by more engine braking in that turn, all though if you overdo it, the FZ2 can easily try to spin around when the slip ratios of the rear wheels turns negative.
I'd agree with what others have said, don't slam your brakes on, treat the car like a woman, drive her crazy with power but don't push her to the point of braking *BLATANT PUN*.

Either that or send some of your braking balance backwards...60% is an ok balance for AS2/3

Cya on the track.
#5 - Jasma
Ok, thanks for all the advice guys. I'll report back later after some more adjustments. =)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG