The online racing simulator
Round 6 - Grand Prix of South City: Race Discussion
Past halfway now, into the home stretch. 3 road course races remaning, 1 oval. If you can win out and claim all available per-round bonus points, there are 212 points for you. Next up is the twisty South City.

Server: NDR.LFSCART 2011
Date: July 23rd 2011
Pass: Will be PMed to entered and confirmed drivers
Track: SO4R
Laps: 60(will be 61 taking into account the formation lap)
Pit Window: 3-57 (4-58 in game)

17:35 UTC Official Free Practice (Attendance not mandatory, 20 minute duration)
18:00 UTC Qualifying (Two groups, 20 minutes per group, group assignments made public prior to race day, open track, concurrent over multiple servers, group 1 in the main server, group 2 in a secondary server)
18:30 UTC Superpole (top 6 of Qualifying, result of this session sets top 6)
18:45 UTC Race (Formation lap, then return to grid for standing start, controlled via InSim App)

18:00 UTC = 14:00 EDT / 19:00 BST / 20:00 CEST

To convert into your local time (if not listed here), either compare UTC vs your local time in the LFS lobby screen (singleplayer can do this also) or use the Time Zone Converter

Qualifying Group 1 (34):

1, 2, 3, 7, 11, 13, 15, 19, 20, 28, 29, 30, 32, 33, 38, 39, 41, 42, 43, 48, 49, 52, 53, 56, 57, 64, 65, 70, 80, 87, 89, 91, 92, 93

Qualifying Group 2 (33):

6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 31, 35, 36, 44, 47, 50, 51, 54, 58, 61, 63, 67, 69, 71, 73, 77, 88, 90, 94, 96, 99

Remember, these groups are generated based on Owner's points. Any new number will be added to a group as needed and informed of the group during the Official Free Practice.
Tomorrow is the day! South City is calling
A few notes:

Passwords have been sent out. If you did not receive one, assume that it's because you don't currently meet the eligibility requirements and need to correct that still.

Also note: For this round, the Safety Car will park in the Sprint 2 pitlane, and collect the field somewhere after that area. It will be considered "clear" of the track when it crosses the split 2 line.
Sorry to Klaidas again, I had no way to go after this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3560943/screenshots/lolwutdraft.jpg happened -.-
By the time I realised what happened I already had a lag contact with you :/

And also sorry to Simon for maybe compromising one of his quali laps somewhat, should have payed more attention there :|
Nice race overall from my POV. Had a lot of fun battling with Christian and later had fun holding off Teemu until I made a stupid mistake.

Do need to apologize to Dave Southword, who I gave a tap in the early laps. Was entirely my fault... a very silly move.
No worries Ben - you were the first of several, but most of the others stuck half a nose in at the hairpin and spun me round; very tedious.
Could been a good race if not tried to overtake Salo at the pre-last corner... I got a half spin and then, I got stuck behind the Core guys... Had problems with a setup... We had pretty big wings, so we were slow on the straights, so... Tried to overtake Core guys... Luckily I did it few times, but on straight I just couldn't keep them behind me... then the problems started... After these things, I started to be aggressive in corners and touched pretty much time walls(sometimes little, sometimes a quite heavy), so it caused damage on car and also my tires just lost optimal status.. all in all, it caused my pace down by 1-1,5sec, so a quite big loss I rate my performance (at the best scenario): P15 or a bit higher... Unfortunately, have to face with the situation which is... Maybe next race will be much better for me...
#8 - terga
Sorry again to Gasiunas.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :No worries Ben - you were the first of several, but most of the others stuck half a nose in at the hairpin and spun me round; very tedious.

Should I also apologise to you too? You were slipstreaming me down the straight, but come Bend 1, you weren't halfway past and I couldn't see you anymore, and two cars through that corner is dangerous, like we saw later...

Sorry, I turned in because I still had my nose ahead, was a dumb idea

But #49 should learn something. First me, and then he crashed even more guys in T1.
Quote from seniecka :Could been a good race if not tried to overtake Salo at the pre-last corner... I got a half spin and then, I got stuck behind the Core guys... Had problems with a setup... We had pretty big wings, so we were slow on the straights, so... Tried to overtake Core guys... Luckily I did it few times, but on straight I just couldn't keep them behind me... then the problems started... After these things, I started to be aggressive in corners and touched pretty much time walls(sometimes little, sometimes a quite heavy), so it caused damage on car and also my tires just lost optimal status.. all in all, it caused my pace down by 1-1,5sec, so a quite big loss I rate my performance (at the best scenario): P15 or a bit higher... Unfortunately, have to face with the situation which is... Maybe next race will be much better for me...

I knew you must have been really frustrated. Speed difference on the straight was huuuuuuge.
Rarwgh, Imma get back at ya'll
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I knew you must have been really frustrated. Speed difference on the straight was huuuuuuge.

Yeah really... As you could see.. I was totally sliding at the corners later.. pushed on the limits.. and it caused some damaged and it effected latter performance Argh... Anyway... Was pleasure to race with you, Core guys
And as I said on server: really sorry for the couple of bumps You know, when you have bigger wings, u can break a bit later. so... Cheers.

Next time will try to show what can I really do sitting by GenR team wheel.
Yeah was nice fighting yesterday. Every lap i only thought to come out of last corner with a little gap so you can´t get my draft.
Quote from kiste :Yeah was nice fighting yesterday. Every lap i only thought to come out of last corner with a little gap so you can´t get my draft.

Yeah.. And you did it very well Then in some laps, I think you got a better feeling in your car and warmed the tires at good conditions so you later could maintain the good speed and pace.. I noticed it. I was little frustrated about it and my mistakes started Anyway, congrats on finishing at really good places, because for sure we lost some time by fighting with each other Cheers.
Thanks. Was a great fight there.
Was a good race after a bad Qualyfing with P22 only.
Race was going pretty well with 81% fuel and low straight speed before huge storm came and I lost my connection. Looking forward to next round
I've had time to reflect on this race and it's one that will stand out for a while and I will take lessons from it. I was expecting it to be competitive and it was, but mostly as I'm in awe of Jarno's performance. I'll cover this rambling one by one from my side, sorry if this becomes a little bit ego-centered but I feel inclined to contribute and that seems the only way in a drivers-based championship.

I'm not a particularly fast driver nor do I have racing talent in abundance, but I make up that deficit by driving with intelligence and through maximum preparation. Something was a little different here though, I always fly at this track regardless of the car I drive, so felt a subconscious arrogance heading into it that I could challenge for a race win with not much practice. Well, turning ur first laps on the Thursday/Friday preceding the Saturday event was a mistake, and seenas I like to achieve the best possible result for this championship in particular, I felt a bit pissed off at my shit pace, couldn't find a balance and couldn't run the car how I wanted to - ran out of ideas on the setup with limited time. That whole "fighting for the championship to the end" deal - a 103 point deficit with only 4 rounds to go looked over.

Well, Saturday afternoon I felt lil bit more comfortable - but still had a shit qualifying without even testing the Q set and didn't expect top 3 in the race. However, improved on the race setup with not long to go and surprisingly was up to P2 after 5 laps. Jarno built a big lead while the front pack battled though, which meant playing catch-up for 60 laps. On the whole it was a boring race, just push, push, push all the way - even though P1 was pretty much out of the question knowing Jarno's typical fuel strategy. That late race safety car closed things up, and on equal conditions we had similar pace, but after watching the replay - I can take a few things from that. He seemed to find a style of driving the car under the limit that could bring super consistency which didn't extend the gap, but still maintained it.

In the end, it was all he needed to do, so I feel like a bit of an **** driving on my limit for 60 laps and smelling like a tramp afterwards when 2nd was best possible result anyways. So congratulations for breaking some of ur opposition. But in all seriousness we can learn a lot from that. It was a great, tough race. Not much more to say than that. Note to self: prepare.

****ing finns, but where would we be without u.. oh, and hopefully we get a deserving champ winner in the end. cya at fern bay
Copypasted from our SR forum, but not a novel like Simon has written.

"Shortly before the qualifying sessions I needed to make some small adjustments to the setup as the car felt different without resetting before the last few corners. But I managed to get a confident version a few minutes before and had good laps in both qualifying session – not with too much risk in the shoot-out, but surprisingly that gave me the 2nd place on the grid. With the grid application failing it was a rolling start this time. Jarno had a good start managed to get a good start, but I still had a much better restart than Gasiunas behind me. I knew I was most likely heavier than the guys behind me, so I didn't put much of a fight against the two ineX cars behind me. Then it was just driving as fast and consistent as I could. After my pitstop I came out of the pits ahead of Terzić and just managed to hold him back on the colder tyres. If there wouldn't have been a SC, I'm convinced that he wouldn't have passed me anymore, but lapping fighting backmarkers is usually difficult. In the end I finished 4th.

It was quite a decent race considering that I not have done a single race stint on the setup that Joku sent me a few days earlier and the fact I don't like Southcity. But I'll try to improve my performance – espeically on heavy fuel I lost a lot of time.

Congratulations to the Top 3 and everyone who enjoyed his race in Southcity."
Great racing with you Mr. Riegler, my pass on you was very dirty and i apologise, but after all you got 3rd

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG