The online racing simulator
Google+
(62 posts, started )
Google+
Does anybody else have it? I kinda like it so far, pretty clean. If you want an invite, just PM me your e-mail address.
Yep.
yeah don't really feel like giving google any more of my personal information than what they already steal/sell. They keep a record of everything you do on the internet, now you can upload photos of yourself so they can put a face to your internet history. yay technology.
#4 - majod
im there too but so far its a bit pointless...

Quote from flymike91 :yeah don't really feel like giving google any more of my personal information than what they already steal/sell. They keep a record of everything you do on the internet, now you can upload photos of yourself so they can put a face to your internet history. yay technology.

Facebook isn't innocent when it comes to that either.
Can I use Google+ to find new "friends" based on their A/S/L?
Quote from SidiousX :Facebook isn't innocent when it comes to that either.

true enough, but google is one of the few corporations that has it's dick firmly pressed against the prostates of everyone who signs onto the web.
Quote from flymike91 :true enough, but google is one of the few corporations that has it's dick firmly pressed against the prostates of everyone who signs onto the web.

I think it's pretty practical to have one system:

You could either have an apple phone and work with all other apple devices.
You could have a windows phone, use a windows computer and go with the facebook microsoft is developing.
Or you could have an android phone, use google(-mail) and go with google+.

I think it would be really practical to have just 1 company run all your things. That would mean everything is compatible and on-the-go.
It's just a matter of time before you can't switch as easily from one thing to another, now is the time to make your mind up and switch to 1 company.

You can't just have an iPod that you sync with your iTunes at home on your windows computer, while you use 'normal' mp-3's on your telephone.

This is the time to go to one standard, that'll be settled in the next 5-10 years.
your economics professor must want to strangle you
One standard does not equal one company
Quote from flymike91 :They keep a record of everything you do on the internet (...)

Yep, just like Facebook does. Doesn't matter if you have a FB account or not, the moment you go anywhere near FB or any of the sites that have a "FB Like" button on them, they track every move you make on the internet, so that when you eventually do sign up, they'll already have tons of info to connect to your profile and adjust the ads you see to your interests.

If I have to choose a company that keeps track of my comings and goings on the internet, I'll go with Google I'm not touching FB with a 10ft pole.
Quote from obsolum :I'm not touching FB with a 10ft pole.

Same.

I would go with MS or Google rather than FB, if they couldn't be forced to reveal personal information to US law enforcement, but they can be, so nothing more than Hotmail for potential Spam for me.
Based on first hand experience I doubt facebook tracks my surfing. If it does it doesn't work very well.

Plus I even managed to get a job because of an ad on fb
Ghostery for firefox can easily block any facebook trackings anyway.

G+ still feels quite empty at the moment.
Quote from hyntty :Based on first hand experience I doubt facebook tracks my surfing. If it does it doesn't work very well.

Oh but it does, rest assured Whether you think it works well or not is irrelevant

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying FB is teh evil for tracking (or trying to do so) people's internet behaviour. Plenty of websites do that, and if you're somewhat pc-savvy you can easily prevent such things. I'm just saying, don't crucify Google for doing the same thing. At least Google is very transparent about the whole subject, or a lot more transparent than Facebook ever was anyway.

Quote from Matrixi :Ghostery for firefox can easily block any facebook trackings anyway.

A simple regular deletion of cookies will do the job as well so yeah, it's not really complicated. Unless you're the average Joe who doesn't know the first thing about computers, let alone what a "cookie" is. And they make out the majority of internet users

Quote from Matrixi :G+ still feels quite empty at the moment.

Yep. Haven't been able to convince anyone to join yet. Here's an interesting article explaining why the majority of FB users will probably never make the switch. They're the average Joe I just mentioned, and they're happy with FB and so see no need to try new things
Meh. While it may do things better than facebook, it doesn't do them better enough to warrant the massive pain in the arse that is switching over, and it also comes with the major drawback that 95% of the people I talk to through Facebook don't use it.
i don't see anyting about google+ that's better than on facebook...google+ with its design and functionality is 90% facebook, i have no idea why should i move there...circles are good idea - facebook has groups/lists so...
Twitter still the most popular
Quote from PeTriT :Twitter still the most popular

I really become found of it, never used Facebook, recieved G+ invite but i'm not actually posting anything there, but i'm quite hooked to Twitter..
From my experience all Google products and services are either utter crap (Android) or beta products that never get done or they get yanked after much hype (Wave).

Google+ has a strong and non-pleasant odour of both camps.
And your email ends with gmail.com? And Android is pretty great..
What's wrong with Android? Beats iOS easily, not to talk about ancient Symbian. W7 is just meh... I would really like to know the reasons.

Google+
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG