The online racing simulator
2011 GT2 World Series: Rules

Regulations Link (also attached as PDF)

Cliffsnotes:

Entry and Eligibility:
Maximum of 29 cars per race, unlimited series entrants.
Administration reserves the right to deny entry to any team or driver at any time, for any reason.

Pre-Qualifying/Qualifying:
Top 10 locked in after Round 1, all others must pre-qualify their way in. 48 hour window, Sunday 18:00 UTC to Tuesday 18:00 UTC.
Qualifying in F1 Knockout-style the Friday before the race.

Race:
Rolling start, double file.
Safety Cars employed
Lapped cars will be waved around (a la GTAL 2010)

Championship:
50 points for a win
all starters receive points

A skinkit will be provided.
Attached files
GT2WS2011Rulebook_Rev1_9July2011.pdf - 85.9 KB - 636 views
#2 - CSF
A few minor changes will be made for round 2, including a change to confirmation deadline to 2359 UTC on the Thursday of the race.
#3 - CSF
Further Amendments:

Bump Drafting: Will be banned under any circumstances. Any time we catch you bumping, and I am scrolling through the field on every racing lap, I will give you a drive through. We will welcome protests, though if you start protesting every tiny bump made by a passing car by accident, I will not be impressed.

Revision of Rage Quitters: Vires I am looking at you on this one. You rage quit you get a 5 point pen. Then do it again, you get a 10 point pen... etc etc. Jawohl?

Starts: No revision here, but a reminder to keep a safe distance at the start of the race. In the midfield we saw poor cookie monster racing taking it both ways because the car behind decided it liked Isaac's rear end a bit too much and it ended up in a laggy mess. If you like running on cars exhaust pipes do it in your own time. I let it go at round 1, but will not be in round 2, I will be waving off the start and potentially sending offending cars to the back of the line.

Also when I give you the green flag at the start you can overtake. At restarts you must wait until the line to overtake. Clarified for everyone.
Quote from CSF :Further Amendments:

Bump Drafting: Will be banned under any circumstances. Any time we catch you bumping, and I am scrolling through the field on every racing lap, I will give you a drive through. We will welcome protests, though if you start protesting every tiny bump made by a passing car by accident, I will not be impressed.

Just to be absolutely clear... let's say that three cars are racing for position down the backstretch at AS29... the third car in line gets a massive draft but has nowhere to go due to the two cars ahead being side by side... so the third car pushes one of the front two ahead of the other and then uses the draft on the car he pushed to complete a double-pass. That would get a DT?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :... let's say that three cars are racing for position down the backstretch at AS29... the third car in line gets a massive draft but has nowhere to go due to the two cars ahead being side by side...

Then that car should make a lift and wait behind
#6 - CSF
Zing for Teemu.
Interesting.

I don't think another series in the world would penalize for that, is all I'm saying.
Quote from CSF :about bumbdrafting

Accidental bumps are also penalised?
#9 - CSF
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Interesting.

I don't think another series in the world would penalize for that, is all I'm saying.

I'm not terribly sure we would see GT cars bumping each other onto the grass like we had in R1 either.

Quote from TexasLTU :Accidental bumps are also penalised?

No as stated if we start getting protests for accidental bumps as they over-take or something then I'll get angry.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Interesting.

Probably not... But no one would do such things IRL, risks for either spinning the guy in front or getting "cosmetical" damage are too high to make it worth it. Especially in an endurance race.
#11 - CSF
Of course perhaps a drive-thru is a bit nutty for a first offence. I'll have a think after the weekend.
There are some errors in the rules. Here are some I found:

XIII. Championship
1. The official championship of GTAL is the Team Championship. Teams earn points based on
their finishing position in a race. A team must start the race to earn points.

e) Should a team withdraw from the round before the race s tarts, their slot will be

b) If any team fails to confirm by 23:59 UTC on the Thursday before the round, the next team
that was eliminated after pre-qualification will be permitted to qualify fo rthe race.

Quote from Tomhah :...

Since it was you who found them, you can keep them if you want. :P

They'll probably be corrected the when the rulebook get's an update, aslong as people still understand them, it's ok as it is.
What about button clutch?
Mint, ty. Didn't think about checking that in Sporting Code.
Found typo in VII. Qualifying procedure - 1b. should be "car returns to pitlane after Qualifying Session 1" ant it says Session 2. Small typo.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG