The online racing simulator
Key Programming
(5 posts, started )
Key Programming
Hi folks, fairly new to LFS and slowly mastering a stunning game and getting competitive in races (SO CLASSIC) my favourite.

I beleive it is possible to program functions and messages to keys, ideally on my wheel but if not on the keyboard. I'd like to bind the horn to one of my wheel buttons, plus a couple of messages to say thanks, sorry, out the way, etc, etc.

I'va had a look in the options menu but couldn't see anything obvious - can anyone send me some step-by-step instructions?

Thanks,

Ali
#2 - bal00
Go to options/controls. In the middle of the screen there are three buttons. Click "Buttons 2".

The messages are usually on the F-keys by default, but you could always use something like autohotscript (.com) to remap them.
It's easy... for the horn, just check the controls in the ingame menu - it's there already. I guess you haven't just noticed it.

Before the new patch if you wanted to make the quickie message functions to your wheel buttons you needed to make commands in the Logitech Profiler Software (with making the commands in the Profiler you can put every keyboard button to your wheel, I can write specific instructions for that if you want). But now in the new patch you don't need to to that anymore: go to the "Game" menu in the LFS options and just write your messages to your F9-F12 buttons. See the attachmented picture.

Then you'll just need to bind those functions to your wheel. Go the the Controls \ Buttons 2 menu and there are functions called "CTRL + F9" to "CTRL + F12" and bind those to your wheel buttons.
Attached images
Image2.jpg
Just a big welcome to LFS - see ya on the track sometime

Have fun
thanks guys - will give it a try tonight!

*honk honk*

Key Programming
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG