The online racing simulator
Logitech MOMO Racing Force Wheel and Pedal Set
What is your opinion to this wheel? My Microsoft Sidewinder has finally died out of old age. I found a MOMO wheel that has caught my interest, and I noticed that prices have gone WAY down. And I could use a wheel to play on LFS .

What are your views to this wheel? Yay or nay?

Cheers.
Well, I'm planning to buy one too, couse now I have a cheap one from Medion that only vibrates sometimes
So, I would say yes couse I want one too..
But, I would still like to hear some opinions from others to make sure this is a good decision
Anyone?
Buy the Logitech Driving Force Pro PS2 wheel instead.

Offers 900 deg rotation, alot more buttons, and uses better construction (more steel less plastic)

Will cost you a bit more, but will last you longer most likely.

There are no problems using this PS2 wheel with a PC so long as you download the 4.60 drivers/profiler

Very popular wheel for PC sims
Quote from SKurjz :Buy the Logitech Driving Force Pro PS2 wheel instead.

Offers 900 deg rotation, alot more buttons, and uses better construction (more steel less plastic)

Will cost you a bit more, but will last you longer most likely.

There are no problems using this PS2 wheel with a PC so long as you download the 4.60 drivers/profiler

Very popular wheel for PC sims

I don't have that kind of money at the moment, to afford the PS2 version, but the Logitech I am going for is very cheap, and at a bargain price, and I wondered if any drivers that have it, think if it is still worth getting?
If u decide to get a momo m8 make sure is REV 2 as they are the better ones . I have had my momo for a year now i think and there aint a thing wrong with it . I did worrie about them when i bought it as i heard alot of horror stories but mine have been tip top and i can only see the people who have problems with them being a tad ruff with them hence why they brake. The only thing that lets it down is the fact it aint got 900 deg rotation and to me i can live without that as the wheel is just shit hot .
In Canada eh, the PS2 version was only $30 more

I think you will be happy with either one. I've noticed the prices dropping, which has me thinking we are about to see a new wheel from Logitech, hopefully with a clutch pedal!!

If logitech sticks to their usual method the first version of their new wheel will be much better than later versions which they usually go cheap with. I don't mean revisions though.
Don't talk about "PS2 version". It's not even designed for PS2. Official drivers have full support for the DFP on PC, the PS2 and GT4 thing is just Logitech's stupid marketing.
Dave, you can get the driving force pro in the uk for £67 delivered. I haven't used the momo one, only the DFP, but I don't think I could go without the extra rotation now that I've tried it.
My MOMO has broken down on me for the second time since i bought it this christmas. Luckily it is still covered by waranty but it takes a loong time to repair (3 weeks last time, shipping from norway). Good thing i bought it from a decent physical shop and not off the net or i could have trouble returning it)
Theres nothing wrong with the momo racing a good quality wheel for the money ,as billeh wrote above if its 2nd hand check for rev 2 . The FF has a really nice feel with this wheel and the 270deg rotation more than enough for LFS .

Many racers use this wheel .

SD.
#12 - SamH
Dave, how much have you to spend? Including delivery? Giz a figure and we can go find the best deal, knowing what we're aiming for.
#13 - stay
http://www.savastore.com/produ ... ct_id=10284878&pid=44

Logitech DFP for £55.86 (£61.50 ish Delivered). Thats about as cheap as I've ever seen it in the UK.

Three friends have been using DFP's in PC sims for a year or more, and no complaints or failures with them in that time.
Quote from stay :http://www.savastore.com/produ ... ct_id=10284878&pid=44

Logitech DFP for £55.86 (£61.50 ish Delivered). Thats about as cheap as I've ever seen it in the UK.

Three friends have been using DFP's in PC sims for a year or more, and no complaints or failures with them in that time.

i got my MOMO from there too. cheap as chips
#16 - stay
No shortage of Daves around here ...

BigDave
SparkyDave
TurboDave

In an alternate universe, are SmallDave, PlumberDave and Normally-AspiratedDave playing a sim called DiefromSlow ?

Actually, as it happens I also know a certain CyberDave who works for McLaren at Woking, but he AFAIK he only plays QuakeWorld
Lol, thank you for your time to read this ladies and gentlemen. After considerate thinking, and snogging me bird during swimming, I decided to save up some money first, and then go for the Driving Force Pro, those amount of button, especially D-Pad will clearly help me out, for pits, zooming etc.

Got a question, can I use one of the buttons to communicate on Teamspeak?
Yes all the buttons can be mapped/reassigned via the logitech profiler software .

SD.
Ok, one more question. Does the FFB work on LFS as it would on the PS2 on GT4?
Quote from BigDave2967 :Ok, one more question. Does the FFB work on LFS as it would on the PS2 on GT4?

Yes works fine...
Thank you. Bought the wheel, should get it on Monday .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG