The online racing simulator
lfsworld character encoding bug
(11 posts, started )
#1 - pezia
After changing the pubstat setting for premium usage, the character encoding goes wrong.

Browsers I tried with:
- Chrome 12.0.742.100: works
- firefox 5.0: bugs
- IE 9: bugs
- Opera 11.10: bugs
Attached images
before.png
after.png
I do not see how character encoding is related in any way, shape or form to premium pubstat or free pubstat. It will be something else that causes the encoding to go wrong.

Also you didn't say what exactly goes wrong. It's usually convenient that when you have a problem, you show the actual problem. Otherwise noone can help you.
I had trouble seeing what the problem was at first, but if you look at the currency symbols in the images I think that is what the OP is referring to.
maybe, but why can't people just explain their problems with words and then post a picture? I don't want to have to play spot the 10 differences every time someone posts a report...
bug in historic data
hi i know this is old data but there is an error in my data
my pb at blackwood gp is pickup a time from kyoto ring
Racer:- LARK2355
21:46 3 sep 2010 best time 57.73
if you look at details it says Kyoto Ring Blackwood gp
looks like a database error mine and any others can be picked up by checking track vs layout
not a big issue but thought i was worth mentioning.
Attached images
lark2355 error.png
the host was named Kyoto Ring, but the track that was in fact selected on that host was Blackwood GP. Though I'll admin 1 minute for a XFG to go around bl gp is kinda quick...
#7 - pezia
Sorry. Yes, the currency symbols went wrong.

Edit: the cause can be that the responses do not contain any charset in the headers, and my firefox has utf8 as a fallback.
Another issue was reported about the host named "Kyoto Ring" in this thread. At the time (the OP's link is not available anymore), there was a screenshot by the the demo user (OP) of the host list with the host "Kyoto Ring" with the track WE1.

When I checked the spdo site for the host, it showed BL1. However, one of the clients that were connected at that time (as shown on the spdo site) showed a weird BL1 XFG pb, much like the one LARK2355 posted (where the 2nd split is not even recorded).

Screenshot of the user Waldek's LFSW http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=108594&d=1283581226

Weirdly can't find him/her on LFSW anymore.

Edit: Just realized that the date is the same: 3rd Sept 2010.

Would having the host name "Kyoto Ring" (or any other track name for that matter) mess up things?
Quote from pezia :Sorry. Yes, the currency symbols went wrong.

Edit: the cause can be that the responses do not contain any charset in the headers, and my firefox has utf8 as a fallback.

hmm i do send charset info in every page. Oh well, the problem should be fixed now anyway.
Quote from Silverracer :Would having the host name "Kyoto Ring" (or any other track name for that matter) mess up things?

Nah, the name of the host is completely separated from the track. Internally I don't even use track names, but codes. So if somehow the two would be mixed up, the hostname would be something like 000 for Blackwood GP.

I'm afraid this one's a bit too old to look into for me. Unless someone still has a replay, but i doubt that.
The winloader.php does not send encoding information. Not in the http nor the html header.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG