The online racing simulator
Random Connection Type - Never seen it before
Hi guys, basicly... I have a ATI Radeon X850 Crossfire Edition. (Old Card Now)

It has a DVI connection, and also some other random one that i dont recognise?... I want to have dual display, but if the second connection on the card is not DVI then how is that possible?

Picture of the card

http://www.ixbt.com/video2/images/cf/cf-x850-front.jpg

Any suggestions? (other than get a new card)

Thanks

AaronH
Definitely special. I haven't seen anything like it before. A simple Google search did not yield anything for me. Hopefully this can be a bump for this thread so that we can find out quickly.
A simple Google search bringed me the answer

Thas the crossfire connector. Modern cars use an internal connectors, but that card used an external one.

Woah, thanks for the quick responses!

So, the DMS 59 connection is used to get full functionality out of two Graphics Cards at the same time?... If i understand correctly with the cross over cable?...

Ill take a trip into town tomorrow to see if i can find a lead like this, ill post back what i find and if i fix it!

Cheers guys
DMS cables are hard to find in stores, I bought mine off ebay a few years ago. It's pretty cool but make sure you get the dual DVI one, I've seen some dual VGA ones and some that have one VGA and one DVI connector which are not usually what you want. And yea, it allows you to use two monitors (it's basically 2 DVI ports combined into one). Although I know some of these ATI cards use the DMS connector to do crossfire somehow, so if it's only for crossfire you're SOL.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG