The online racing simulator
All you iPhone boffins!
(12 posts, started )
All you iPhone boffins!
Hey, my mate has an iPhone with lots of music on it and since his PC died he lost all of the originals.

He knows if he plugs his phone into his new PC it will sync and lose all of his music, is there anyway to back up all of the music stored on the phone and put it on the PC, so he can update his music without losing it all?

I googled it but a lot of places are like HEY use this program, it's only £40!

Thanks,
LOL iphone is shit!
#3 - dadge
Dustin must be itching to post right now lol.
but seriously, instead of trying to recover from the iphone, why not try to recover from the hard drive. is the hard drive buggered or was it something else in the pc that packed up? the data might still be on the hard drive and could be recoverable. there was an old trick where to tapped the hard drive spindle with a hammer (similar the the alternator trick for cars). it could give enough life to the hard drive to gain access to it.
#4 - CSU1
libimobiledevice and gtkPod can do this with ease, I just tried with my jailbroken iPod Touch 1G. If you have at least basic Linux experience, it's worth a try.
#6 - Jakg
AFAIK YamiPod doesn't work with iPhones / iPod Touches.
#7 - arco
Doesn't it sync both ways? Like if somethings missing on the PC side, it syncs from the phone, and when somethings missing on the phone side, it syncs from the PC? Obviously, anyone with half a brain but Apple, would expect that's how it should work.
#8 - CSU1
Quote from arco :Doesn't it sync both ways? Like if somethings missing on the PC side, it syncs from the phone, and when somethings missing on the phone side, it syncs from the PC? Obviously, anyone with half a brain but Apple, would expect that's how it should work.

LoL !

Think about that one again arco
#9 - Jakg
Quote from arco :Doesn't it sync both ways? Like if somethings missing on the PC side, it syncs from the phone, and when somethings missing on the phone side, it syncs from the PC? Obviously, anyone with half a brain but Apple, would expect that's how it should work.

You'd think so... but no. Music syncs one way, and if you plug it into a new PC your only option is to wipe the device and create a new relationship.
#10 - DeKo
Use iFunBox to copy all the music off it, then just add that folder to itunes. Easy.

By the way, yes it does sync both ways, if you buy music or apps on your phone, they get transferred back onto your PC. Torrented dodgy MP3s don't .
download tuneaid, it works and is free for 14 days
I don't have music on my iphone but I do on ipod (I hate saying I have both ) so I don't know if it different for the phone but with my ipod I have sync turned off so I have nothing in my itunes library but still keeps all the songs on my ipod. If you can do that with the phone as well at least he can keep the music next time he sync's up.

All you iPhone boffins!
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG