The online racing simulator
Laggy Cars
(5 posts, started )
Laggy Cars
I play LFS just fine but when I go online I watch other cars kinda of herc and jerk on the track. I believe it is other player connections and not mine as I am on a 30Mb line. Still, how do I check my ping and the ping of other? And is there a buffer or something I can increase or a connection speed setting I can adjust to stop these cars from being jerky? Mind you it's not that bad, just annoying as anything.
As far as i know you can increase the smoothnes - server side, but if the bandwidth isn't enough that may even crate more lag.
Quote from MajorMayhem :I play LFS just fine but when I go online I watch other cars kinda of herc and jerk on the track. I believe it is other player connections and not mine as I am on a 30Mb line. Still, how do I check my ping and the ping of other? And is there a buffer or something I can increase or a connection speed setting I can adjust to stop these cars from being jerky? Mind you it's not that bad, just annoying as anything.

If you press Shift-F8 you'll be able to see pings.
Sorry, long time since posting. So is this jerkiness of cars normal? Does everyone experience this, or do you guys all have super smooth multiplayer interaction.
No,it's not normal,usually it's so smooth,that you can safely bumpdraft,which,as you can imagine,is impossible in laggy conditions. Problem could be with intercontinental connections,we already discussed here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=76010

Laggy Cars
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG