The online racing simulator
Quote from Inouva :LFS should add a watermark of the skin for each skin that is in the folder x_skin

So if someon wanna stole your skin it can, but when hes gona use it the watermark it whould be present all over the skin.

I think is the most easy solution

agree with you
Step 1: Grow up.

Step 2: Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

Step 3: Is your life truly ruined by this ?, if not, see steps 1 & 2, if so, see step 4.

Step 4: Follow youtubes example, insist that your Govt brings in a minimum of 10 years jail for posting 'copyright' material. That should give you something else to do !
You did copyright your skin didn't you ?

Seriously, does this really matter ?

Of course, I assume you've NEVER leached anything off the net yourself or ever done anything that's illegal, like speeding or any other activity that's illegal in your jurisdiction, if so, please turn yourself in first.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :As long as they are uploaded on LFSW, nothing prevents people from searching in their skins_x folder, find them back, and convert them from dds to jpg.

sucks but i think they must also make that you can put team skins private and that they dont get in every one there skins_x folder
Not another one. LOL! What an outrage. :doh:

Seriously, I think your time is better spent improving the skin, than bothering about this.
Quote from geeman1 :This occasionally comes up and the result is always the same. You or anyone else can't really do anything about it. The only thing you can do is take this as a form of flattery.

Actually if you created it thats not true.

Depending on how much modified in US courts you can sue. However for internet cases you normally can't sue unless you have loss of profits. Like if someone attacks 500Server's they can record the proof of income loss and sue whoever arranged the attack, if they knew their info.

Regardless you'll need a lawyer unless you can write formal DMCA notices. I provide webhosting, I have to deal with those things. If the other person identifies errors in it, you'll be eligible to be sue'd for falsified DMCA notice. This is not a joke.
Quote from cmanns :Depending on how much modified in US courts you can sue.l

You're kidding right? Well maybe it's true, but wtf ... are we still talking about a little file that you can use to colour a virtual car with?

I'm going to close this thread. This is not an actual problem. What it is, is ridiculous.

Racer X NZ already said what I wanted to write, so : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1607233#post1607233
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG