The online racing simulator

Poll : What do you want on a new public server?

Closed since :
Singleclass races
Monthly events
Track change after X races
Multiclass races
Track change daily
Teamspeak
Track change weekly
Track change monthly
Well if you're doing 5-8 servers like you said then maybe one or two of them could be on week-long rotations?
+1 The "vote on class" as well
Quote from pik_d :Well if you're doing 5-8 servers like you said then maybe one or two of them could be on week-long rotations?

Considering LFS public racing's current shape, I don't think he will ever be able to get more than 1 or 2 filled on regular basis.

Voted "singleclass"(guess most of us had enough with multiclass now, though perhaps "light" multiclass with 2 or 3 classes only could also do), and "track change daily"("every X races" tends to make people leave once things get fun enough, and the average LFSer hasn't enough experience to deal with track change properly, and therefore will be all over the place for the first 1-2). Nice to hear the project's still alive BTW.
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :I dont want to come over 3 servers

Well, perhaps the servers could still allow voting for car class, however with a limited scope.

Server 1 : Road Cars (UF1, XFG, XRG, XRT, RB4, FXO, LX4, LX6, RAC, FZ5) - Can vote for STD, TBO or LRF

Server 2 : Racing Cars (XFR, UFR, FXR, XRR, FZR) - Can vote for GTR or Junior GT (or whatever you want to call it)

Server 3 : Open Wheelers (MRT, FBM, FOX, F08, BF1) - Can vote for individual cars.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Considering LFS public racing's current shape, I don't think he will ever be able to get more than 1 or 2 filled on regular basis.

Voted "singleclass"(guess most of us had enough with multiclass now, though perhaps "light" multiclass with 2 or 3 classes only could also do), and "track change daily"("every X races" tends to make people leave once things get fun enough, and the average LFSer hasn't enough experience to deal with track change properly, and therefore will be all over the place for the first 1-2). Nice to hear the project's still alive BTW.

Yeah it got stuck because i had no own internet connection and so no real base to make tests... just had a WLAN connection, but my neighbour is a downloader... HELL!!!!
My goal is to give all racers a central place without any licence restrictions = pure racing ... but lets see if its successful or not and i am still searching for admins/race marshalls to deal with all the protests.

Quote from spiderbait90 :Well, perhaps the servers could still allow voting for car class, however with a limited scope.

Server 1 : Road Cars (UF1, XFG, XRG, XRT, RB4, FXO, LX4, LX6, RAC, FZ5) - Can vote for STD, TBO or LRF

Server 2 : Racing Cars (XFR, UFR, FXR, XRR, FZR) - Can vote for GTR or Junior GT (or whatever you want to call it)

Server 3 : Open Wheelers (MRT, FBM, FOX, F08, BF1) - Can vote for individual cars.

Nice thought -> on my notepad
Quote from spiderbait90 :Server 1 : Road Cars (UF1, XFG, XRG, XRT, RB4, FXO, LX4, LX6, RAC, FZ5) - Can vote for STD, TBO or LRF

Uhm, sounds more or less like cargame(with no GTRs on the base server though), no?

And BTW, if there's no restriction, what will you do to stop the masses from taking the server's fastest class?
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Uhm, sounds more or less like cargame(with no GTRs on the base server though), no?

And BTW, if there's no restriction, what will you do to stop the masses from taking the server's fastest class?

We are now at a point, where i can tell, that only one car class it votable. So no GTR with NGT together for example, or FO8 with FOX and so on...
BUT when a car class is voted, it cannot be voted for the next period.

BTW: I will make a weekly car (class) change
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :We are now at a point, where i can tell, that only one car class it votable. So no GTR with NGT together for example, or FO8 with FOX and so on...
BUT when a car class is voted, it cannot be voted for the next period.

BTW: I will make a weekly car (class) change

I see. Could be interresting. But I don't think you've been clear enough in your OP, I'm sure most of the voters thought you were refeering to multiple classes of cars on track at the same time(cargame-like) by "multiclass".
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I see. Could be interresting. But I don't think you've been clear enough in your OP, I'm sure most of the voters thought you were refeering to multiple classes of cars on track at the same time(cargame-like) by "multiclass".

Maybe, my english is shit when i only had on beer, but it gets better at the 4th and with the 6th beer i am fluent in english

Thats why i made the vote, if the racers want singleclass or multiclass. But when you look closer on it, you will see that i would have to add 5 servers only for the single seaters. Total it would be 12 servers... more servers than online racers

Lets see, its just brainstorming atm, and i want you during the creation of Pure Racing because i wanna give you what YOU want

But now i need my sleep... maybe some sex.... WOHOOOOO!
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Uhm, sounds more or less like cargame(with no GTRs on the base server though), no?

Well, not really - because what I am saying is that you have to vote for one of those car classes (or in the OW case, a car) to race. In Cargame, you have to earn points to unlock the classes - and all classes race at the same time. I am talking about voting for a single class for all players to race.

I guess in a way it is like how Cargame lets players vote for a track, except the idea which I have suggested, you vote for a car class instead - but you cannot vote for the same car class twice in a row.

[To clarify, I am talking about single class racing, opposed to CG's multi class racing].
OK, i have following concept for now:

Server roster (daily track changes):
Street car server (STD/TBO/LRF single class by vote)
Race car server (NGT/GT2/GTR single class by vote)
Single seater server (FBM/FOX/FO8/BF1 single car by vote)
Event server (car and track by vote)*
(thx to spiderbait90 for this idea)

Statistics:
Statistics will be resetted each month! Monthly statistics will be stored on the web page (NOT LIVE!).

Airio:
I will use Airio for statistics and as administration tool. the default settings will be as silent as possible, so for those who wants an E-Penis, they are free to activate it

* The event server will be open 24/7. Depending on event, you can gain bonus points there.
sounds good!

when did the servers start?
Quote from Damion1972 :sounds good!

when did the servers start?

I have to see.... this week i cant do it and on weekend is IGTC and family meeting... somwhere next week maybe? We`ll see!
Ok thx for the info.
Gooood news, looking forward to it. Thanks
I have some small update news:
All Airio files and server configs are written, first vote will be this week
I hope it will be something significiant and outstanding And finally there will be a place for decent racing.
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :I have some small update news:
All Airio files and server configs are written, first vote will be this week

yay
Quote from Mustangman759 :yay

I know i am late i have problems with my website... now deleting wordpress and looking for a better cms with a small forum and voting function
I'm excited for this There isn't a very big choice of single-class pickup servers. Well, at least not with a significant amount of people to race with on them
There should be one more choise in the poll, "same car" or something. What I mean is that the races I have enjoyed the most have been races where everyone are using the same car. By doing that you know that everyone are racing on the same opertunities, and that the fastest racer wins

Since it's not here I would vote for one-class racing.
Any race is okay if there is ramps
Now I can imagine the horrors that might lead to in a 24H endurance race
Free for all classes, no rules.

Let the rage begin!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG