The online racing simulator

Poll : What do you want on a new public server?

Closed since :
Singleclass races
Monthly events
Track change after X races
Multiclass races
Track change daily
Teamspeak
Track change weekly
Track change monthly
@Racers: What type of servers do you like?
Hi racers,

I already announced, that I am working on a new public server project called "Pure Racing". I got stuck since i realized, that i was working on a CTRA copy... I personally don`t want it! CTRA was good when it was alive, but we should keep the system in good memories.
Even with a chance, that a CTRA copy would be successful, i wanted to create a new place for racers, where the racer gets what the racer wants!
But what do you want? Tell me and i will rework my concept!

But first of all before you vote, you should read the following notes what i mean with the given options:

Mutliclass Servers:
Mutiple car classes on one server. For example TBO+LRF. So only logical combinations of car classes... BF1+STD would be pure nonsense and will never be on my system!

Singleclass Servers:
Only one car class per server. For example: I will provide a fixed number of servers and a vote decides which car classes will be provided for the next period between those votes. I though about a month as a period.

Track change periods:
There you go decide, how long you wanna drive on one track before the track changes!

Monthly events:
If you like monthly events like the endurace day on CTRA, you may click this option. I have some crazy ideas for it

Teamspeak:

I had the idea to set up a teamspeak server for you, you think its a good idea?

Ok, thats all for first i hope for a lot of votes to get informations what you like. If i have more questions, i will ask for it!
i think the CTRA gt2 (current gt3) would be good, and maybe even incpororate this to the endurance day idea.

Teamspeak is a great idea, i can provide spots on mine if you have trouble getting one.

Sounds good.

If you do multiclass I would recommend a form of GTR with TBO. Or tbo and std.
Quote from Bmxtwins :i think the CTRA gt2 (current gt3) would be good, and maybe even incpororate this to the endurance day idea.

Teamspeak is a great idea, i can provide spots on mine if you have trouble getting one.

Sounds good.

If you do multiclass I would recommend a form of GTR with TBO. Or tbo and std.

I am planning with 5 to 8 servers total So there is plenty much room for some cool combinations of car classes.
no more multiclass... i'm tired of being forced to drive XRG while some jerkoff in a FZR rams everyone off the road.
#5 - Myffe
Single and track change DAILY. Its annoying when track changes after 4 races
Quote from bunder9999 :no more multiclass... i'm tired of being forced to drive XRG while some jerkoff in a FZR rams everyone off the road.

Uhhhmmmm.... such combinations are nonsense... not with me
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :I am planning with 5 to 8 servers total So there is plenty much room for some cool combinations of car classes.

ok so maybe have 1 multiclass server and then the rest have other combo's. Or maybe even do 2 multiclass servers, 1 for S1 1 for s2?
sounds cool. I would do a multiclass but maybne not XFG-GTR thats crash fest heaven. maybe a BNJ server for autocross racing?
Multiclass without the fixture of track change after X races but make it so only those with a certain amount of distance be able to race GTR. I hate the level up system because if your fast, people don't go in your class and that leaves you with only getting a miniscule amount of points each race making it extremely laborious to rank up.

GT1+GT2+TBO with no XFR or UFR is a nice combo me thinks.
Teamspeak, Monthly events, Single-class racing, and dedicate a server for the LX's
Daily car change is difficult, because i can only do it manually and i dont want to make this as a full time job.
Daily track change is not a problem, it is quite easy to manage with Airio. Simply /end each morning and there we go
But thx to all voters, lets see the feedback of more votes
I'm not sure what to vote, my thoughts were:

I'd rather multiclass than single class. This is because some wankers will inevitably vote for tbo only which is awful. Also, I do hate having to drive xfg for 9 months 'before it's safe to hand me anything faster.' I mean FFS. These ranking systems come and go. CTRA died. Race center died. Can you please not be a jerkwatt and think you are entitled to tell me what I can or can't drive. It's fakin irritating.

Track change - don't mind if it does, don't mind if it doesn't change. Don't really care how often. I've had good races on as3 despite some people saying how boring it is after a million laps on CD / AMG. I mean who's fault is that exactly anyway, no one forced you to go there in the first place! That isn't a proper argument.

Events - Sure, properly done weekday events would be nice. Weekends are already full of masters of failurance and other nonsense so no one would take part..

Teamspeak - already have. Also I don't see why people would join to chat while they are racing, at least I wouldn't. I might tell people off while raging
Single class, about 8-10 races on the same track, no vote track changes, but then solve it with different tracks and well. Thats it

BTW, dont forget open wheelers.
Singleclass,a daily track change, monthly events and TS.

Mainly because there is always some guy who laps you in his FX2 and takes you out and then accuses you of having a low safety rating and ends up getting you kicked or even banned.
#15 - troy
I think a sensible mutliclass server can work, make it STD+TBO+LRF and another server NGT+GTR for example. If you go for too many different servers racers will just spread out (which was a problem for CTRA too) and you will get 10 servers with 2 people on each of them.

Race lengths are quite important in my book, the shorter the race the bigger is the chance you get some of these nasty T1 accidents because people just don't have the time to go through the field reasonably, make it around 15-30 minutes in length and you should be getting better racing.

Track change, the track shouldn't change to often, yes kids these days can't bother driving something for more then 3 races before they get bored but to learn a track properly and to develop a somewhat working set for it you need at least 8-10 races. Hard to say what's the sweet spot there, you just have to try it and see which setting works best, maybe even only do a track change every 12/24h as mentioned already in the thread.
Quote from hyntty :I'm not sure what to vote, my thoughts were:

I'd rather multiclass than single class. This is because some wankers will inevitably vote for tbo only which is awful. Also, I do hate having to drive xfg for 9 months 'before it's safe to hand me anything faster.' I mean FFS. These ranking systems come and go. CTRA died. Race center died. Can you please not be a jerkwatt and think you are entitled to tell me what I can or can't drive. It's fakin irritating.

Track change - don't mind if it does, don't mind if it doesn't change. Don't really care how often. I've had good races on as3 despite some people saying how boring it is after a million laps on CD / AMG. I mean who's fault is that exactly anyway, no one forced you to go there in the first place! That isn't a proper argument.

Events - Sure, properly done weekday events would be nice. Weekends are already full of masters of failurance and other nonsense so no one would take part..

Teamspeak - already have. Also I don't see why people would join to chat while they are racing, at least I wouldn't. I might tell people off while raging

First of all:

NO LICENCE RESTRICTIONS
The racer is free what he wants to drive.

Track change is a problem in my eyes and this is a point where i ask for what the community says

For events i have some crazy ideas, what i want to activate one week per month, so that "week racers" and "weekend racers" have the same chance to profit from it.

Your point for Teamspeak is very good, but i may try it and see if its used or not. If not, i have a small button says "Uninstall"
XFG/XRG Single Class with Track change every 10 races sounds great.
empty servers
I voted for single class, but I would suggest that when voting for the next car class to be raced, it cannot be the same class as before the vote, perhaps even the previous two classes.
Quote from spiderbait90 :I voted for single class, but I would suggest that when voting for the next car class to be raced, it cannot be the same class as before the vote, perhaps even the previous two classes.

Good point --> on my notepad
Nice idea at spiderbait. That would give interesting races, because every car needs other skills :P Maybe BF1 should be out, it's not for public use. Same stuff with MRT and FO8 (FO8 might stay).
Quote from Kristi :Nice idea at spiderbait. That would give interesting races, because every car needs other skills :P Maybe BF1 should be out, it's not for public use. Same stuff with MRT and FO8 (FO8 might stay).

Every car in LFS is usuable on public servers, as you said, every car needs another skills. BF1 for example needs a very good reaction because of its speed
No licence and restrictions are nice.

I hope you get full servers,it`s boring at the moment to see only 2-3 servers with more as 6 drivers on it,and the hard stuff is that this servers are not realy mine. (AS3 is boring, and muliclass is mostly caos)

sorry for my english didn`t sleep watch all the night 24h le mans.
Voted for single class of course and weekly track changes, but it looks like it's between daily track changes and after X races. Now if I could change my vote it would go to daily track.
I want to emphasize this because you just learn the track and it changes so usually the one who is the maddest and the luckiest survives is the winner. Nothing wrong with that, but problem is that luck is playing a too big of a role there. Actually after some thinking weekly changes wouldn't be all that good, because there would always be people who are would practice non-stop for given combo and then again it wouldn't really be fun, as some of us don't have time to be non-stop online.
I assume that most of the guys who voted for weekly track changes would rather go for daily than after X races, just something to take in a consideration.
Thx to all voters taken part and the whole feedback!

Quote from N I K I :Voted for single class of course and weekly track changes, but it looks like it's between daily track changes and after X races. Now if I could change my vote it would go to daily track.
I want to emphasize this because you just learn the track and it changes so usually the one who is the maddest and the luckiest survives is the winner. Nothing wrong with that, but problem is that luck is playing a too big of a role there. Actually after some thinking weekly changes wouldn't be all that good, because there would always be people who are would practice non-stop for given combo and then again it wouldn't really be fun, as some of us don't have time to be non-stop online.
I assume that most of the guys who voted for weekly track changes would rather go for daily than after X races, just something to take in a consideration.

I think i will go on daily track change. I have more votes on "change after X races" but i am thinking like you. For now i have the plan to change the track every morning at 5am UTC.
Next thing is the server roster... i don't know nowhow i can realize it, but i have some plans. I dont want to come over 3 servers for now because there are not many racers out there anymore. But the server has enough power to host a lot more LFS server instances so i have more than enough reserves for the future

@Racers: What type of servers do you like?
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG