The online racing simulator
National Rail Ticket Help
(7 posts, started )
Hi all,

I have just got train tickets through for a visit to Scotland, and I was wondering if anyone would help me out with regards to what ticket to use.

This is the first time using a train for such a long journey and I got 3 tickets through (See Attachment).

I'm not sure whether I use the "coupons" for each leg, or whether I use the main Colchester to Aberdeen ticket at the gates and keep the other two as proof of travel.

Regards, Xaid0n
Attached images
IMG.jpg
#2 - TiJay
Use the ticket with coupons as proof of whatever. Which rail company are you travelling with?
Those tickets confuse me...

Whats your actual journey?

Why do you have a Colchester to Aberdeen, and then Colchester to London?
It's with East Coast...

And I was just enquiring as to which ticket to use DD

Don't fancy puttin in the wrong ticket and losing it lol, I read somewhere that the Coupon tickets aren't encoded to use the gates or something, but I don't know.

The Main ticket is the overall journey, Colchester to Aberdeen, but the other two are reservation tickets for the mainline (Colchester to London - 1st Mainline leg) then (King's Cross to Aberdeen - 2nd Mainline leg), but I need to use the tube and didn't know whether I needed to use the main ticket or what.
The bottom two don't show proof of anything except your seat reservations, they're basically worthless without the first one.

If you stick the first one through the automatic gate/ticket thingy it should return it to you, as it'll recognise you need the ticket for later on, or just show it to someone in case you're worried about it getting swallowed up.

Also just checked through eastcoast.co.uk - you could've got the journey for £36.95 if you booked the two singles seperately EDIT: but then you couldn't use the tube :|
Yeah. Usually the gates have a member of staff incase anything goes wrong. So just show it to him instead of feeding it to the gates.
Cheers boothy, that's all I wanted to know and yes I know I could have got it cheaper if I split my journey, but couldn't be arsed faffin about still, £42.70 for a single up there, and £24.50 for a single back is better than £150 for a return.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG