The online racing simulator
LFS logos in vector format?
(31 posts, started )
#26 - Gunn
Try this one, it is higher quality than the previous one. CDR only this time.
Attached files
LFS_UBER_VECTOR.zip - 7.8 KB - 129 views
Quote from Gunn :Try this one, it is higher quality than the previous one. CDR only this time.

tnks a lot, i think is the first thing of LFS in corel format i see...
Thats indeed uber, thanks a lot.
Well those Adobe and Macromedia (which is now the same anyway) programs suck if you ask me - nothing works as it should. Specially Im talking about compatibility between different versions of the same program, or if you want to work with Windows and Mac (like we have to do at my uni if we want to continue work at home), you cant really open your projects. You must import and export, and experiment all the time.
Currently we have also installed cracked versions because we dont have the very newest and some older versions licensed from the uni, but it workes somehow...

Another example: Freehand is supposed to be a program where you can create layouts for prints, thus things must be extremely exact. But when you move an object with the mouse, it doesnt use the raster (like moving in 0.1mm steps), NO, Macromedia calculates the millimeteres the object shall be moved by the pixels on the screen. The result is, its impossible to move an object and have it exact afterwards, and moving by input is very limited either. Its a joke

However, Im pleased that the uber version looks better
#30 - Gunn
Here's a vectored version of the LFS World Logo. I have included both CDR and AI formats. If your software does not support these file formats then these files are useless to you. Quality will be of course higher if you are using a real vector program like Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw. Enjoy.

Corrupt file removed by request.
#31 - Gunn
I tested these in PSP9 and quite frankly PSP can't handle them properly even though it says it supports CDR files. Neither can it handle the ai version. If you are using non-vector programs like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro you might be better off using PSD format. If there is anyone here who really does understand vectors in EPS then perhaps they would be willing to try some experimental EPS files?

From my tinkerings with EPS it seems to handle solid colours ok but not transparency. I have attached a basic EPS version using solid colours and it would be cool if someone is able to test it and give some feedback.

I will need to know:
What program you are using.
How editable is the image? Can you move each component? Can you change the actual shape of the components by manipulating the outlines? Can you add or remove nodes?
Are seperate layers apparent or do you just have one solid image?
Attached files
LFSW_VECTOR_BASIC.rar - 85.4 KB - 119 views

LFS logos in vector format?
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG