The online racing simulator
What's Quickest?
(9 posts, started )
What's Quickest?
What's quicker, a person who types, guitar player or piano man.

Which one would have the faster brain to finger action.

We will include all you peeps that want to draw and shoot this thread down at a later date. DRAW

AAnt
#2 - Uke
Quote from AtomAnt :What's quicker, a person who types, guitar player or piano man.

Which one would have the faster brain to finger action.

We will include all you peeps that want to draw and shoot this thread down at a later date. DRAW

AAnt

I think It's the piano man.
I think its a man who plays the guitar and types letters while playing.

being serious I'd say the guitar player. (some of them anyways, not the slow country players)
Typing, playing guitar and playing piano - quickly - are all examples of 'muscle memory' and they require progressively less brain activity to perform, so it's not really a matter of quickest brain-to-finger activity.

That said: Typing requires the least physical movement of all three, so typing would be fastest.

Between guitar and piano it depends to some extent on the music: Rapid repetitions of the same note would be faster on a guitar (either an up- and down-stroke of the pick, or thumb and three fingers all striking the same note in rapid succession), whereas - for example - a repeated figure involving a series of notes which fall conveniently for a pianist would probably be faster on piano. A repeated pair of chords would probably be faster to perform on piano too.

But generally, piano requires more force to sound the notes, so it's a slower activity than playing the guitar.
Quote from Uke :I think It's the piano man.

You could, in theory log the "Hammer Time" of a key on a piano, not sure you could do it on a guitar.

AAnt
Quote from thisnameistaken :But generally, piano requires more force to sound the notes, so it's a slower activity than playing the guitar.

My fingers only perform slow soulful sustaining bends and vibrato, so any piano player performs a far faster activity than my guitar playing
Quote from AtomAnt :What's quicker, a person who types, guitar player or piano man.

Which one would have the faster brain to finger action...

Include drummers and paintballers and do a poll...

edit: and 3D RC Helicopter Pilots...
#8 - Uke
Quote from jrd.racer :I think its a man who plays the guitar and types letters while playing.

being serious I'd say the guitar player. (some of them anyways, not the slow country players)

country players are damn fast. you have no idea what you are talking about.
#9 - Mysho
I can not even imagine someone would be typing as fast as I am leaving words out of my mouth... Crazy people.

What's Quickest?
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG