The online racing simulator
datel supersports 3x wheel not registering
Hi, I have a very cheap Datel Supersports 3x racing wheel but it doesn't register as a wheel or a joystick when i'm in the game. I think it may have something to do with the drivers because the menu popped up before disappearing without properly installing.

Thanks
Hi, when you plug in the wheel to your USB port does Windows (if you're using Windows) react with a "new hardware found" message and go on to install it? Or does nothing happen at all?

Assuming that it needs a power supply, is it correctly attached to the mains? No loose cables etc.?

Logitech steering wheels tend to calibrate on their own when they're plugged in (automatically turn lock to lock when you plug in the USB) does this wheel do anything of the sort... (not that it might mean anything in this case).

I can't seemed to find any drivers for this (didn't do a thorough search, tbh...) Which version of Windows are you using... (XP, Vista, 7, 32/64-bit etc.)

Give as much info as possible, and someone might be able to help you on this...
-
(rotwielerc67) DELETED by rotwielerc67 : double post
I'm using windows 7 home and student 64 bit. From what it says on the website, the wheel doesn't have any force feedback motors to calibrate it. I might go and buy a fanatec carrera wheel instead. Seems like a good wheel to use for this game
Calm down mate, we can't give you any useful advice when we don't know what exactly is the problem. You plug the wheel in, what happens next? Does Windows detect a new device? Can you see it in Devices and Printers (assuming you have Vista/7).
It's pretty hard to find any sort of info about the wheel besides the advertising crap, but it looks like you have to install a driver to get the wheel working on PC.

EDIT: I found a link to a user guide for this wheel. I can't download it, maybe you'll have a better luck (http://uk.codejunkies.com/supp ... tomizer_user_guide_v1.pdf).
Looks like a rebranded generic wheel similar to one i have.

If its like mine, it only works for PC in PS3 mode and the pedals only register as analog after you change presets. (Hold Start+Select then press Left)
-
(rotwielerc67) DELETED by rotwielerc67 : double post
Thank you fnixwsthis, this helped make it work. I tried changing the drivers to Xbox ones, then I played the game in windows XP compatibility mode and it registered as a Logitech G27, which allowed me to change most of the settings and now it works fine. Thanks for your replys everyone.

EDIT: Ignore the sad face above, it seems this thread is a bit buggy
to use in computer hold down start and select while plugging it in.

so you need that Super Sport 3x Customizer installed first
Attached images
datel.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG