The online racing simulator
FOX cockpit holes
(7 posts, started )
FOX cockpit holes
I noticed a while ago that the FOX's new cockpit has a hole right underneath the carbon fiber bodywork in front of the steering wheel. It is SO thin that it goes unnoticed sometimes, but when you see it, it flickers constantly with little dots. I am pretty sure that the model's polygons are just not connected somewhere.

It is hard to get a picture of this when pausing it, but this is the best I could get. But basically I circled one small part of the hole, but also drew a line where the entire hole is shown (on that one curve).

The car is not damaged either.

EDIT: here is another...
Attached images
FOX_cockpit_hole.jpg
FOX_cockpit_hole_2.jpg
Quote from Tweaker :I noticed a while ago that the FOX's new cockpit has a hole right underneath the carbon fiber bodywork in front of the steering wheel. It is SO thin that it goes unnoticed sometimes, but when you see it, it flickers constantly with little dots. I am pretty sure that the model's polygons are just not connected somewhere.

It is hard to get a picture of this when pausing it, but this is the best I could get. But basically I circled one small part of the hole, but also drew a line where the entire hole is shown (on that one curve).

The car is not damaged either.

EDIT: here is another...

Way too much attention to detail...
You think I am anal about this? It is a clear hole that is easily noticeable just by sitting on the grid, it flickers, is annoying, and a bug, so what gives? :zombie:
Quote from Tweaker :You think I am anal about this? It is a clear hole that is easily noticeable just by sitting on the grid, it flickers, is annoying, and a bug, so what gives? :zombie:

Hi Tweaker,
I know that you have usually valid posts but I just tried to reproduce your "bug" and I dont have it.
Its either buggy driver you use(try different one) or maybe your card have started artifacting.
may just be caused by not having any AA
(er.. so i should notice it.. but i havent tried FOX any lol just hte BF1 since the patch)
No not my driver or anything. I don't have anti-aliasing on though, that might be why I see this. But still, just load up AS GP and just sit there on the grid... kind of move the steering wheel and stuff and you would see it flicker a bit.

I looked into this some more, and actually, I don't think it is a hole. It is actually that little clear windscreen. The very bottom of it kind of flickers from some lighting on it. The 'inside' of that bottom flat part shines really bright and you only see a tiny bit of it.

I took this screenshot explaining what I mean. This is zoomed in and clipped with that part of the car so you can see what this really is. Those 'white triangles' are exactly what I see. Not a hole, just that part of the windscreen.
Attached images
FOX_cockpit_whitestuff.jpg
Quote from Tweaker :No not my driver or anything. I don't have anti-aliasing on though, that might be why I see this. But still, just load up AS GP and just sit there on the grid... kind of move the steering wheel and stuff and you would see it flicker a bit.

Thats a bit selfish saying its not driver.Did you tried different one?What driver setting you have(like max performance or max quality)?This may affect rendering very much.I just turned off the AA, loaded Aston GP...moved the wheels and I dont have it.

But it might be specific to driver version/settings in driver you have.
As there are "real holes" in the pictures you posted some drivers/setting in drivers might render the scene different way.

FOX cockpit holes
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG