The online racing simulator
Broken G25, Part wanted
(10 posts, started )
Broken G25, Part wanted
Hey, the main board on my G25 is broken and i'm trying to source a replacement, if anyone has a broken G25 that they aren't using would they be able to sell me their main board?

Just to clarify, it's this bit.

The problem I have is that everything is recognized fine, all buttons work etc, but the wheel won't calibrate, after plenty of research and testing the chip is the only thing that could be faulty.

Thanks,
#2 - g7usl
Logitech guaruntee them for five years. If you contact them, they will replace it free.
#3 - DeKo
Quote from g7usl :Logitech guaruntee them for five years. If you contact them, they will replace it free.

They really don't.
Thought that, since there advice is never to open it... :S

Deko, come on man, your only 10 minutes away, geez yer G25 pal.
#5 - DeKo
Already given it away mate, sorry. If yours had broke last week I would have given you it .

From my experience with Logitech, I chanced it to send an e-mail to support, failing to mention that I had modified the wheel and opened it up, and they offered me 50% off a G27, which isn't bad at all.

Have you posted this on the iRacing forums? Probably a better chance of getting one there. A guy actually just posted that his G25 had packed in, maybe try giving him a wee PM. http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1474191.page
It is unlikely that the chip is the fault, more than likely the motor commutator is clogged and this has shorted out a few of the circuit board components....that are readily available and replacable. My G25 suffered the same fault, I managed to get the components replaced and cleaned the motors.
Take a look at this thread- http://www.racesimcentral.com/ ... h-G25-G27-Main-Board&
Note- Even if you replace your circuit board without attending to the motors it will cause the same fault, measure the resistance of the motors to ensure they are not shorting the circuit board out.
Quote from Anthoop :It is unlikely that the chip is the fault, more than likely the motor commutator is clogged and this has shorted out a few of the circuit board components....that are readily available and replacable. My G25 suffered the same fault, I managed to get the components replaced and cleaned the motors.
Take a look at this thread- http://www.racesimcentral.com/ ... h-G25-G27-Main-Board&
Note- Even if you replace your circuit board without attending to the motors it will cause the same fault, measure the resistance of the motors to ensure they are not shorting the circuit board out.

I have 2 G25's, one which the FFB motors died which shorted out the main board, and one which was semi working but very loud. So what I done was (Just out of interest) plugged the new board into the old wheel which caused a slight fire inside the FFB motors, which then would have caused the breaking of the working main board. So if I hadn't of tried this I would of been fine, sucks to be curious.

Anyway, I have tried every combination, different wheel, different connectors, different base for the wheel (so different connecting pins into the chip) and the same result has always came around.

I know the FFB motors work on the second G25 because I had it working before hand, well slightly but instead of just setting about making this wheel work properly, I thought I would try and diagnose the first broken wheel, so I could make have 1 working wheel and 1 spare, but this obviously shot me in the foot, meaning I have no wheel working at all.

Thanks for all the replys, thanks for the link Deko, i'll give him a pm tomorrow.
I'd just keep an eye on all the racing forums, have a look in nogripracing, i got a g25 for free and just paid postage which was about £20 i know there were a couple on there.
Bawbag next time your on msn talk to Paul because i know his G25 is in bits doing nothing.
#10 - DeKo

Broken G25, Part wanted
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG