The online racing simulator
LFS and LFSW recognizing the GT2 and GT3 classes
I was just wondering if recognition of the GT2 class, and possibly GT3, by both LFS and LFSW have been under consideration. GT2 has become very popular since Airio was released, but it would be nice to have LFS recognize the different classes aswell as LFSWorld for official WRs and so on. Since it's basically only intake restrictions (and possibly some ballast), I'd guess it would be very easy to make them distinct cars in the game.

If classes are to be recognized, there should also be new short names for the cars to reflect their class:

FX1 / XR1 / FZ1 - the previously called GTRs, now GT1
FX2 / XR2 / FZ2 - GT2
So what restrictions?
GT2 already was popular (and 'invented') during the CTRA era. It didn't happen back then either.

If they do that everyone is going to ask for all kinds of 'classes'.
Yes, Dave, I know. But is there really any other custom classes as popular as the Airio GT2?
Besides, LFSW is not working on opentrack environments anyway while Airio does the job (in beta test).
Quote from boothy :So what restrictions?

I'm guessing the devs would have to decide on that. Maybe even add a "thickbox" option in the garage to choose type of engine(GT1, GT2, GT3, whatever else would go)

Or, I'd really like to see some real GT1 cars first(specification wise). I'm thinking about LeMans GT1 "restrictions", like 1.200kg with 560bhp or 1.250kg with 600bhp. So then we could have the current GTR class as the GT2 class. They are certainly closer to GT2 class than to GT1 class.

If this happens, I see no obstacle in adding GT1/2/3 classes to LFSW. That is, if the classes are somehow predefined, and XRR with 50% intake restriction is still XRR not XRR GT7.
#7 - J@tko
Quote from xfirestorm :I'm guessing the devs would have to decide on that.

Given the TBO/nGT/GTR balancing at the moment perhaps that's not the greatest idea

Quote from xfirestorm :Maybe even add a "tickbox" option in the garage to choose type of engine(GT1, GT2, GT3, whatever else would go)

But that's a good idea. Saves n00bs going "zomg where's air restriction?!!??!"
xfirestorm pretty much spoke my mind. It would be nice to have properly implementet GT classes. And it surely would make the classes more available.
I also like the idea. GT2 has become popular online, especially on the server kargame. And new wr very nice place. And why should it not do? At least temporarily until the release of new physics tires. On the other authors put restrictions are not necessary))
Quote from xfirestorm :Or, I'd really like to see some real GT1 cars first(specification wise). I'm thinking about LeMans GT1 "restrictions", like 1.200kg with 560bhp or 1.250kg with 600bhp. So then we could have the current GTR class as the GT2 class. They are certainly closer to GT2 class than to GT1 class.

Use the z28 .exe attached here http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=70879 and you have 600bhp GT0 cars

But to the OP, I asked what restrictions - GT2 or GT9? We would first have to agree on restrictions before we standardise a class...
No shit :rolleyes: Obviously the GTR cars in LFS would need to be changed for that to happen...
abbreviation of the class|abbreviation car,limiting intake,ballast.
GT3:
FZ3|FZR,28,0
XR3|XRR,34,0
FX3|FXR,32,0
GT2:
FX2|FXR,23,0
FZ2|FZR,20,0
XR2|XRR,24,0

Not necessary to change the looks, just that each car class GAD will be three engine.
Quote from boothy :Obviously the GTR cars in LFS would need to be changed for that to happen...

Right...what did I say.
Quote from boothy :Use the z28 .exe attached here http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=70879 and you have 600bhp GT0 cars

But to the OP, I asked what restrictions - GT2 or GT9? We would first have to agree on restrictions before we standardise a class...

I haven't paid much attention to GTAL balancing this past year, was GT9 any better than GT2? I don't remember thinking that GT2 was far off from perfect, each car had their strong races.
After doing some 12000 laps with GT2s on Cargame, I guess the Airio restrictions are pretty fair?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG